Thread: Contact Us Page

Plugin Contributions

Default Contact Us Page

Hi,
    I am running v1.5.5f, I didn't found any pre-defined contact us page/form. I want to use a form so that customers and post quickly to me, how to do that?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Contact Us Page

Quote Originally Posted by RiazShahid View Post
    Hi,
    I am running v1.5.5f, I didn't found any pre-defined contact us page/form. I want to use a form so that customers and post quickly to me, how to do that?
    How does the form provided by going to index.php?main_page=contact_us differ from what you want?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

It's not sending email to my given address. Though other all emails are being sent (customer registration, order etc.) How to get it done

Plugin Contributions

It's not sending email to my given address. Though other all emails are being sent (customer registration, order etc.) How to get it done
    So the question becomes, how are the files involved with the contact_us page on your server different than a default install?
    The files involved in a default install are found in:
    includes/modules/pages/contact_us (all files)
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_contact_us_default.php

Does the contact_us page load or do you receive a message like too many redirects?

Other info that may end up being useful would be your settings in configuration->E-mail settings (do not need to include the full email address information, but if using gmailDOTcom, yahooDOTcom, etc, please identify as such. If using smtpauth, please do not provide your login credentials, but do identify whether that information is provided.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    helping solve problems requires accurate description of the problem. these statements seem to be in conflict to me.

in addition, how can you say it's not sending email? have you looked at the mail logs?

debugging email can be complicated. we KNOW an unmodified contact us form works. we know you are NOT receiving email. we know your system is capable of sending email.

the question remains whether the form is sending the email, and you are not receiving it; or whether any mods may have broken the contact us form, so it is not sending the email.

without reviewing any logs, we are just guessing as to where your install went wrong.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

One setting that might have bearing is Configuration->E-Mail Options->Set "Contact Us" Email Dropdown List. Would you post your setting(s) for that?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    So glad to receive such good response here.
    The reason I confused you, was that initially I didn't found link to "Contact Us" page, as I installed a custom these. Later I found and got it set, but it was not sending emails.
    Now I found that " Set "Contact Us" Email Dropdown List " only contained my email address. I changed it to " From me<myemail######################> and its working now.

Thanks again