Plugin Contributions

Default Switches to tablet mode with Categories To List Per Row at 4 on PC

I have v1.5.5f responsive classic Zen Cart installed.
    I also have gridlayout installed, colorbox and one-page-checkout.

I am putting images for the categories and sub categories and I want them to show 4 images wide.

In admin Configuration/Maximum Values - if I set Categories To List Per Row to 4, it puts the website into tablet mode on the menu.
    If I go to Config/Images and I make the Subcategory Images bigger then 150 it goes into tablet mode on a PC.

Any idea why?

https://uesakabarbell.com

Thanks in advance!

Max

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Switches to tablet mode with Categories To List Per Row at 4 on PC

The responsive design shifts from "desktop" to other layouts based on the resolution of the screen. This can be affected by resizing the window, zooming in/out, etc...

Typically modifying the quantity of items displayed would not affect that resolution or at least does not cause the menu to be affected. Unfortunately I am on a mobile device which basically means that I can not suggest to the ZC software that I am on a larger screen device so I can not really see the effect described. It almost seems as if there is something else at play here as in some other css factor that is responding to the condition.

I could recommend trying a few things though when accessing the site from a desktop. For example, with the images sized smaller than 150, load the page and then using the developer tools of your browser (accessible by pressing F12 on a PC), then adjust the image sizes to be greater than 150 and see if the same result occurs as described.

I realize that this may not be of much help, but seems that no one else has offered any assistance to this yet and what is described as happening seems unusual and unexpected.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...