Plugin Contributions

Default Admin login no longer working since upgrade...

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]

Hello,
    I tried for ages to upgrade my zencart, finally got it to work correctly to 1.5.5f, however it wouldnt let me log in.
    So I reset the password, put in that password, added the new one to change it to and clicked to login. It then just redirects me back to the login page with blank fields and no error message.
    I tried this quite a few times.
    So i went into my web host and reset my website and database back to how it was earlier so I could be logging back into my admin to do work but back to running 1.5.0.
    I tried to log in now it is all reverted back and it is doing the same thing.
    it has never done whis before so i am not sure what has changed.

I was on live chat with my web host and all they can tell me is this error was found...
    Error logs shows: [04-Oct-2018 21:18:52 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/php/56/usr/lib64/php/modules/oauth.so' - /usr/php/56/usr/lib64/php/modules/oauth.so: undefined symbol: zval_used_for_init in Unknown on line 0 [04-Oct-2018 21:18:52 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: oci8: Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20131226 PHP compiled with module API=20151012

The person on live chat also mentioned changing or updating my PHP. So I tried the login again thinking they fixed it and it isn't fixed.

In my host under PHP it says PHP 5.4+ Incompatible Applications Installed and it has PHP 5.6 (Single php.ini) selected.
    I have no idea if that is something they changed as I have never looked at that before

Can you help?

Thank you
    A

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin login no longer working since upgrade...

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow_pixie_star View Post
    I was on live chat with my web host and all they can tell me is this error was found...
    Error logs shows: [04-Oct-2018 21:18:52 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/php/56/usr/lib64/php/modules/oauth.so' - /usr/php/56/usr/lib64/php/modules/oauth.so: undefined symbol: zval_used_for_init in Unknown on line 0 [04-Oct-2018 21:18:52 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: oci8: Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20131226 PHP compiled with module API=20151012
    Ironically all those messages indicate that the hosting company has their PHP misconfigured!
    Zen Cart has nothing to do with those modules, nor does it have any control over the things mentioned there. Those messages are happening "before" the Zen Cart scripts are even initiated.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

it wouldnt let me log in.
    Sometimes that's just because you need to reset the cookies for the site. Inside your browser, go to its cookie-history settings and clear any cookies related to your store. (Every browser is different, so I can't post instructions for that here.)
    Testing login from a different computer that's never logged into your Admin before can reveal whether it's a cookie issue too. So does using Incognito or Private-Browsing mode.

So I reset the password, put in that password, added the new one to change it to and clicked to login. It then just redirects me back to the login page with blank fields and no error message.
    I tried this quite a few times.
    So i went into my web host and reset my website and database back to how it was earlier so I could be logging back into my admin to do work but back to running 1.5.0.
    I tried to log in now it is all reverted back and it is doing the same thing.
    In ZC v1.5.2 the password encryption process was modernized because of improvements made to newer PHP versions, allowing password handling to be standardized and made even more secure. One side-effect of this is that the way passwords are stored is changed, meaning you can't "go backwards" ... as in once the data is updated in your database you can't go back to an older ZC version before that without also turning back the database (restoring it from backup, thus losing any changes made since the backup). So that's why going back to 1.5.0 isn't making any difference.

The zc_install db upgrade steps should have properly updated the database fields to the proper length to allow storing longer password requirements, but if someone has changed the password fields to be too short then none of the new passwords will work. That was the first common issue we found back in 2013-2014 when those changes were made. All the upgrade scripts have been improved since then to prevent that from happening, but we can't control other interventions or influences from other plugins/scripts.

You really should be using PHP 5.6 or 7.1 with your Zen Cart v1.5.5 site.
    Inside your Admin (once you're able to login) you can see your PHP version by going to the Tools->Server Info menu choice.

Steps I'd take, after clearing cookies:
    1. use phpMyAdmin to ensure that the admin_pass field in the admin table is 255 characters long.
    2. follow the password-override instructions as explained in http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...admin-password to reset the password to a known value so that you can login

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your fast response <3

So annoyed right now!!! I asked the guy to tell me what it meant as I had no idea, he said it was nothing to do with them.

ANYWAY!
    I will have a read over this again tomorrow and try what you have suggested and put the upgrade back on, update php etc.

Thank you
    A

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    I followed your steps and i think it was the cookies. I always forget the cookies!

So, everything seems fine. If I re upgrade to the latest version of zencart, my PHP is on the lowest reccommended so I will move that up to around 7 as it did seem to activate the green padlock on my search bar which I have had problems getting.
    Once I do that, and clear the cookies, I assume I should not have the login problem?

Thnaks
    A

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Fingers crossed :)

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Re uploaded the upgraded files, before doing this I also added a new login to give me an extra option incase it was me making a mistake when logging in.
    Deleted cookies,
    Tried both logins and reset passwords.
    Still not letting me into my admin area, says I am using incorrect password. I copied it direct from the reset email.

Any ideas!

Thanks
    Amy
    Last edited by rainbow_pixie_star; 8 Oct 2018 at 12:29 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Re uploaded the upgraded files, before doing this I also added a new login to give me an extra option incase it was me making a mistake when logging in.
    Deleted cookies,
    Tried both logins and reset passwords.
    Still not letting me into my admin area, says I am using incorrect password. I copied it direct from the reset email.

Any ideas!

Thanks
    Amy
    After uploading the ZC upgraded files (or a fresh set from the latest version that has not been modified), did you again run zc_install to ensure that the database was again upgraded? (not posted here, so seems like the answer is no). Remember that wanting to follow this basic process: https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Actually I did, the first time I had the issue (this is my 3rd attempt) which is why I didn't this time as It didn't seem to fix it last time.
    I will try that again now as maybe the 'not clearing the cookies thing' that I did on the first attempt is the reason it didn't work.
    That last sentence may not have made sense, but I know what i mean!

Amy

Plugin Contributions

Doing that has wiped the website and just leaving me with a zencart website which is empty, as if I don't have a website.
    I will revert it back to what it was before