Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink I just DONATED, you can too

I have been bugging the admins here for years (since 2007) to include a pay link in their signatures for donations by those of us who get answers to our questions. Last month I noticed one of the admins finally had such a link. Most of my posts are questions and I think that's around 600 posts since 2007. I have depended on the admins and, to a much lesser extent, others to get answers to my questions.

Today I donated retroactively $100 to you know who. Its a mere pittance and probably comes out to 20 cents/support call. If I could have, I would have given more.

Not all admins have such a link....but they most certainly should. Donations are independent of getting answers. I urge all of you who, like me, have depended on others since 2007 to run their businesses, to donate today and whenever you feel that its merited.

I'm sure that there are many of you out there that know what i am saying.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I just DONATED, you can too

Quote Originally Posted by bumba000 View Post
    There's also a Donate to Zen project link at the top of the home page. I used to donate around $20 per month for years until i had cancelled my paypal account. This was once a thriving community of folks learning and others helping out. I see many questions with lots of views and not many replies. Bummer...

Best,
    John

Its been almost 20 years since zencart first showed up on the scene. Back then, the only people using the internet were people with skills. Thats not the case today. all of those skilled coders are disappearing from the pool of volunteers as they get older or worse. The situation is the same no matter where you look. Too many programming languages today and too few coders. In the early days, one guy could know enough to do the whole thing. That too is not the case today. The dragon used to have one head, but today it has hundreds.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I just DONATED, you can too

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpadre View Post
    Its been almost 20 years since zencart first showed up on the scene. Back then, the only people using the internet were people with skills. Thats not the case today. all of those skilled coders are disappearing from the pool of volunteers as they get older or worse. The situation is the same no matter where you look. Too many programming languages today and too few coders. In the early days, one guy could know enough to do the whole thing. That too is not the case today. The dragon used to have one head, but today it has hundreds.
    Here's my opinion... my problem is being robbed by some of these guys proposing help. Zen Cart, if they offered a flat fee tech support fee, I would not be opposed to it because it keeps me from falling prey to these overpriced crooks...it's a morality issue folks. They exist in ever facet of life...people who horrendously overcharge instead of proposing a fair wage. So again, i'd rather pay Zen if need be to get help without being taken. Better that then people leaving...right? I know it removes the "free" advantage but it beats going to a paid cart. we need an independent platform.