Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Left/Right Navigation Columns Not Properly Aligning Vertically

Interesting "use case", @dbltoe. It sounds like you're using Clone a Template like a mini-GitHub repository!

Plugin Contributions

Well, I wish it could fix computers and character set problems. I'd use it there too!

Not everyone can navigate github and, yes, I find it easier to stay local with cloning.

Just the ability to quickly setup for a sectional project makes it a great mod.

If we had a way to tie templates to specific customers, we'd be able to tweak the stylesheets on a live site

Plugin Contributions

dbltoe,

Even in the short time that I've been working with ZC, I've many times made the error of sending an overwrite file into an abyss of chaos or (an even greater horror) sending a packaged ZC file (that I should never have touched in the first place) into the same abyss. When that's happened, I've spent hours (in two cases days) trying to backtrack, delete, repair, restore, and so on (my backup practices aren't what they should be). Three times I made such a mess of things that I just deleted the ZC installation and started over from scratch. Your suggested practice of using the Clone A Template mod to quickly modify a template without risking the whole shebang thus comes greatly appreciated, as just this morning the practice kept me from (once again) mangling my ZC installation beyond recognition.

As a general note, the Clone A Template mod is what back in the day we called "exquisite", as it does so much with (seemingly) so little, and it does so with hardly any effort on the part of the user. The entire ZC project is impressive to the point of phenomenal. That programmers and other savvy people have made available this full-featured e-commerce program along with cheerful and dependable support--entirely free of charge--is incomprehensible: greatly appreciated, but incomprehensible nonetheless. I've made a modest donation to the effort, not much, but I suppose a hundred here and a hundred there helps pay the bills.

Thanks again for the direction,

Kennith

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12