Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default SQL not updating in Admin

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]

When I try to change an admin setting, like maintenance mode or purge database records it doesn't process or update. Just started site has been operational for years.
    My test example is putting the site in and out of maintenance. I go to menu, select edit and change from "false" to "true". When I update the field is now empty.
    In my last test the site did not go into maintenance mode, however the mode menu field is empty. I had to go into MySQL Admin and manually set it to false.
    The problem is updating from the admin menu.

Any ideas?

Tony

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SQL not updating in Admin

Php version has been updated by host beyond the level for which the software is written and/or some related discrepancy that really should never happen but has been seen.

Could you please provide the version details such as php version as reported from the admin menu version link?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart version 1.5.4
    PHP version 5.5.22

Everything looks to be proper.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tonyreynolds View Post
    Zen Cart version 1.5.4
    PHP version 5.5.22

Everything looks to be proper.
    I agree with that information expecting to work.

So, any myDEBUG-adm- logs as a result of attempting to make a change? (if going to post one, remember that the adm version contains the admin folder path which is suggested to be obscured/replaced when posting.) also if posting, please be kind and click the # button in the message box toolbar just before pasting the contents.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I have made a couple of attempts to drop the site in and out of maintenance mode. It makes no changes in the DB and creates no visible errors and/or log files.
    It does not place in maintenance mode when set to true. The field in the DB is now empty.

Tony

Plugin Contributions

As a further update, orders are processing through the cart and I can review the order from the Admin interface. This possibly indicating that something in the admin section is problematic and not the entire site......

Tony

Plugin Contributions

Still trying to find some answer to this. In a separate issue, I am running into max_user_connections issues. The host increased memory and change the php version from 5.5 to 5.6. I am running Zencart 1.5.4 upgraded over the years.
    Even though php 5.6 should be compatible with with 1.5.4 when I upgrade to 5.6 the admin begin to crash as in site not available errors. If I switch back to 5.5 it works and it work except for the updating issue previously noted. That said it was working perfectly before and just stopped working.
    I am open to any ideas, except I can't change hosts. I am in a long term commitment..... blah blah.
    What about bringing the site up to the latest Zen Cart version ????

Plugin Contributions

Moving from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5f is not a bad idea since there's a lot of new things going on in the 1.5.5 series.

https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading can help you with doing that project.

I would caution you to make sure you do some database prep since you seem to be having problems with your current. You will be using the current to upgrade. Make sure that the entire database is utf-8 for the character set. Make sure you note any prefixes (zen_) to the current database and match that prefix when loading 1.5.5f to your new location.

A few things that we recommend that are not in the above link:
    1. before starting template changes, use lat9's Clone a Template to make a copy of Responsive_Classic. Using Responsive_YourSite can make it easy to remember.
    2. Add the Color Change mod to the Responsive_YourSite template.
    3. Clone Responsive_YourSite template to YourSite template,

This will give you two comparison points to help you as you make all the template page and color changes.
    We've found that the fall back/comparison can be a valuable addition to the upgrade process.

Plugin Contributions

Sounds reasonable. I would like to fix the current problem first. If the 1.5.4 version should work with php 5.6 and it is breaking ans is sorta working with php 5.5. Does this indicate some factor with the DB structure that could be causing the problem? Could it be a new .htaccess file? I am struggling to find work paths for resolution.

Plugin Contributions

Database problems are not generally touched by .htaccess You could have one php set in cpanel and a different version in .htaccess, but I think your problem is the database.

You've never answered MC#s question as to whether there are any debug files in the logs directory. Let's do Jeopardy. And the answer is......?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast