Plugin Contributions

Default Removing attributes completely so action=buy_now will work

Hi,

I have a database that has 1 attribute. I can use CSS to make it not render, but I need to be able to use action=buy_now in a URL, and it fails I believe because of this issue even after being removed and no attributes in the DB via the admin(attributes controller).

I can go into admin and blow it away, but it still doesn't respect action=buy_now, it pushes the user to the relative product page.

Is there something else I need to modify/blow away in order for attributes to be completely gone from this DB and action=buy_now to work again?

Thanks,

Eric

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing attributes completely so action=buy_now will work

Is there an actual option with the one attribute? OR, are all the options in the attribute the same price and weight? i.e., Free. Does it matter if the customer does NOT make a selection in the attribute?

You may have marked the item priced by attributes. If the answers above are no, yes, and no; you would not need to mark the product as priced by attributes and the buy now should return.

Plugin Contributions

dbtoe,

Thanks. It looks like it does meet your criteria. Where do I find the product priced by attribute setting? It looks like there are a couple products in each category that come up under Attribute Controller. I looked at the one product I would like to link to the shopping cart, and Priced by Attributes is set to no and the URL still fails.

Is there a global setting or some mysql I can use to set all products to have zero attributes?

Thanks,

Eric

Plugin Contributions

Ok got it. I deleted the attribute and that did it. This is set up so when someone is done with Paypal it does an automatic download.

How is the auto download configured in Zen Cart? My fear is it's tied to this attribute. LOL

Thanks again!!

Eric

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, downloads are tied to attributes. I've been trying to get an Add to cart button in a carousel to add a product using a URL and no go.

Anyway, it would appear under the circumstances I am SOL. thanks.

Eric

Plugin Contributions

Still in a fog here. First post says database with 1 attribute. Not busting your chops, but products have attributes.

Maybe we need to start over with what ALL is going on with the site. 1 product with instant download? Multiple products other than download?

How many ways for folks to pay?

From the viewpoint of one item download, I would just create a PayPal buy now button in some html.

Are we unable to see the site?

Can you better explain the products, options, and why an attribute might change on the product to begin with.

You say this is a download. Are you setting it up as Document - General or Document - Product?

Plugin Contributions

Here's my understanding of the situation and dbltoe is asking a lot of questions to try to hone in on your specific need so that either a very simple solution is incorporated or something more involved is needed.

ZC as an off-the-shelf product appears to prevent adding product directly to the cart that have attributes for the simple reason that as soon as you have 2 attributes you don't know which is the "preferred", or in the case of having 1 attribute is it the right product to begin with? Ie. What if you had two "versions" of something, one suitable for one device another suitable for another, but neither suitable for both?

What if the attribute is a checkbox, a textbox, or some other type of attribute that may require an action?

See, if your site only uses any attribute for a file download and then only one attribute (instead of splitting a large file across multiple downloads) then the solution becomes relatively straight forward (for now). But even then the use of read only attributes could cause a "problem" if not properly filtered, though it would seem in this case that such an attribute wouldn't add value.

Yes, to support file download, at this time ZC uses attributes to make it possible to associate a file with a selection and/or product.

The meat of the issue though, while there is perhaps a concern or desire to change the "more..." button to a buy_now button, is that the shopping_cart class' handling of a buy now request rejects product that have attributes. Answering the questions may help lead to a solution that gets what you want understanding that the questions are asked from a perspective of experience and at least some level of planning/investigation on providing the desired result.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...