Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal express no checkout

Howdy,

This seems so obvious, and I'm halfway into doing this, and thought I'd ask the experts before I commit. Don't see it via search here or Google.

I sell digital docs and don't need register, login, or checkout. When you click checkout and you aren't logged in, it takes you to ?main_page=login. On this page, it has 3 areas - top of new customers has Paypal, and bottom Register, and then there's Login.

My question is, can I not just use .htaccess to make ?main_page=login /checkout, tweak the breadcrumbs/ page title to Checkout and display: none the Register and Login sections and be done with it?

So new customers click checkout, it goes here, looks like checkout, has just the Paypal image/link, and we're done. they pay and when they return download begins.

Can this not happen or will this ultimately screw something up? I don't need personal info, email addresses, no newsletter, zero future relationship.

It is just to easy so I am assuming this can't be done. :)

Thanks!!

Eric

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal express no checkout

Ok, couple of things... What does a purchaser do if they have paid for a product, the download has attempted to begin, but between either something on the site or on their device they are unable to complete the download? Do they have to then purchase it again? What if they wipe their device and need to obtain it again within some reasonable time period?

As to "blocking" the display of the other options, there are a few ways, sure css can be used to hide the content; however, it being visibly hidden doesn't prevent its access. Also, since using paypal express if you have the express portion enabled, you could for the shopping cart page remove the code that provides the checkout button and just have them use paypal express, through which you can also disable the auto-generation of an account if you still decide/find out that you don't need account information like the billing address for the payment that you have just tried to collect from some unknown individual. Then perhaps a similar action for the checkout shortcut button in the associated dropdown/mobile menu.

As to the use of .htaccess, if you were to redirect login to checkout, well you would likely create loop that could not be left unless the code in the checkout section was modified as when trying to access checkout, if not logged in, then there is a redirect to login which then the .htaccess file would try to redirect and the loop would go on...

Not seeing any updates on your situation, don't know where you are at with it or what you have done to resolve the situation you were trying to address.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal express no checkout

Hi,

So sorry it's taken me so long to respond. It's holiday in retail and I was swamped this week.

>> What does a purchaser do...

They have up to 5 downloads from what I can tell in the db.

>> As to "blocking" the display of the other options...

Removing the checkout button and having them use the Express button exclusively is a great idea.

I don't do ZC frequently enough and when I kept being confronted with a login it surfaced the question. With Paypal Express I know the user gets an account automatically generated, I just want to make this as quick and painless a checkout experience as I can.

Thanks for all the great info.

Eric