Plugin Contributions

help question How to add a checkbox that increases the cost $5 in the delivery information page.

Zen Cart 1.5.4

I am trying to add a custom function that increases the fix cost $5 by checking a checkbox in the delivery information page, but I have not figured out yet.
    The file I should edit might be tpl_checkout_shipping_default.php according to the information in previous threads.

If you have any solutions, I would be appreciated if you could share it.
    Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to add a checkbox that increases the cost $5 in the delivery information page

The simplest method might be an optional attribute for the item(s).
    "Do you need xyz" Yes = +$5 No = $0

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to add a checkbox that increases the cost $5 in the delivery information page

You need an order total module to do this sort of thing. The change to tpl_checkout_shipping_default.php is just to present the checkbox.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your answer. I have a lot of items on the shopping website. It is difficult to add the attribute to all the items.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by smallpotato View Post
    Thank you for your answer. I have a lot of items on the shopping website. It is difficult to add the attribute to all the items.
    There are tools in the attributes manager, option names and option values managers that support copying attributes to different product based on known conditions. It's hard to imagine that this would be more difficult than adding a feature to the shipping page where a similar consideration would need to be made.

That said, is this additional option applicable to the entire order or on a per product basis? Ie. What is to happen if the desired operation is to be applied to only one of many product in the order? Does the fee apply one time to the entire order or per product against which it is to be applied?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

How about the Priority Order Handling plugin? https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=236