Plugin Contributions

Default Could not verify the Admin Credentials you provided.

Hi
    I have an issue where I have to upgrade my database version but the problem I face is it says:
    Could not verify the Admin Credentials you provided.
    although I can log in into the store with the admin user id and password.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Could not verify the Admin Credentials you provided.

What PHP version?
    What Zen Cart version are you upgrading from, and to?
    What's the DB_PREFIX value in your "old" configure.php, and in your "new" configure.php files?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm upgrading from 1.5.1 to 1.5.5a and both prifix is zen_

Plugin Contributions

How about the PHP version, too? Zen Cart 1.5.5a, on more recent versions of PHP, handles passwords differently than ZC 1.5.1.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Common causes of "Could not verify the Admin Credentials you provided." include:
    - actually using incorrect admin username+password
    - admin username being used is not assigned as a superuser and thus doesn't have rights to do major database changes such as an upgrade ... so basically an unauthorized or incorrect admin
    - using mismatched DB_PREFIX which therefore tells ZC to look for admin credentials in the wrong admin table in the db
    - import of wrong db, or failed import, or import with mismatched prefixes as above
    - damaged admin table in db, perhaps with field lengths too short (not properly upgraded) and thus unable to store the newer longer password hashes
    - confusion of PHP versions, back and forth between newer-to-older (such as imports from server->local->server), causing passwords to be mangled
    - using old PHP versions generally
    - needing to reset the admin username+password (see FAQ on how to do that, using phpMyAdmin)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Could not verify the Admin Credentials you provided.

I have a brand new install of 1.5.5f. Everywhere I read it says "No database changes required" yet, just going from 1.5.5a to f, That I need to upgrade the database. When I click on that, it already has my name and password embedded, click Continue and I get "Could not verify the Admin Credentials you provided." When I look in the 1.5.5a DB, both users are superuser. No matter who I log in as, it doesn't even try, it just throws the "There are some problems" error dialog.

If I simply install to a new DB 1.5.5f is happy.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I meant 1.5.1. It sees that I had 1.5.1 under "Please confirm your desired upgrade steps", and like I mentioned my admin name and password are auto populated and if I use a legit account with SU rights, I still get the pretty white error dialog.

All of this is because I get "Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Tools->Server Information to review patch levels." at the top of the page.

Is it a must fix? I hate having things like this not resolved, but I gotta get this done.

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Recommend using the following process to generate a new username/password combination to support the upgrade since the admin panel was accessed with the new software before doing the database upgrade.

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44

Yes, the database upgrade needs to be performed or else there are likely to be other problems to occur.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Could not verify the Admin Credentials you provided

Upgrading from 1.5.5f. I got to the upgrade database and could not proceed. I know the credentials are correct. I had just used them and also logged into the admin in a different tab (after renaming zc_install). I ended up resetting the admin password via phpMyAdmin using the https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44 FAQ article and was able to proceed.

Just thought I'd post in case others run into the same problem.