Plugin Contributions

help question Free Shipping item with other items causing shipping rate increase

Greetings,

I have one item that is marked as free shipping with 0 weight. I have the freeshipper and FedEx modules installed. No other handling fees or percentages are added, including under the configuration->shipping/Packaging section.

When checking out with just the free shipping item is in the cart, the Free Shipping option is displayed and all seems good. However, If I add a regular item along with the free shipping item, the FedEx shipping rate is more then without the free item? The FedEx rate keeps going up the more qty of the free shipping items I add?

Am I missing some other setting?

Thanks
    Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want…

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping item with other items causing shipping rate increase

What are the available settings of the Fedex module? If the product has zero weight and fedex is set to determine shipping by weight then there should be no reason that fedex would know that there was a second item involved, but if there is a quantity of items or perhaps a dimensional determination then that may cause fedex to add shipping.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    What are the available settings of the Fedex module? If the product has zero weight and fedex is set to determine shipping by weight then there should be no reason that fedex would know that there was a second item involved, but if there is a quantity of items or perhaps a dimensional determination then that may cause fedex to add shipping.
    All handling fees are set to 0 within the FedEx shipping module. Don't see any other settings that would add fees based on qty or weight? Going to see if I can echo the send/return values from FedEx web service from my dev site.

Plugin Contributions

Think I found the problem! The FedEx Shipping module was adding insurance fees based on cart total. Once I set the insurance threshold higher, all was good.