Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: clean install Curl issue on WAMP

Dr Byte,

Thank you for the pointer about curltester.php so it appears that the Curl is running but the error is not having a local SSL certificate in place. Obvious really... so the next question is of course how can I install a certificate on local host.....I have read bit about self signing but do not seem to be able to find some step by step instructions on how to do this. Those I have found I have not been successful with. Anyone know a good site with how to set up Open SSL on a local host (for testing purposes locally only as this is in development.)

Thank you once again for the great support you guys do.

Regards

Mikeyg

Plugin Contributions

Sorry Me again, actually that is not the issue as I just realised I had change my php back to 7.0.4 and not on 7.3

So infact when I run on 7.3 the curltester it does not run at all: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function curl_init()

so I am back to trying to sort out why wamp does not run curl in 7.3.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
    Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function curl_init()
    That means PHP wasn't compiled/built with curl support included. Hopefully the WAMP support site can offer guidance on using their bundled software.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm having similar issues running a clean install of 1.5.6a on Wampserver on Windows 10. I spent the morning battling just to get cURL to load - You may want to try making sure that both your PHP and Apache are updated (I was running Apache 2.4.17 along with PHP 7.1.26 and cURL wouldn't work). Updating to Apache 2.4.38 did the trick.

cURL seems to work fine everywhere except where the Version check is concerned - my error log gives me:
    Code:
    [01-Feb-2019 18:04:18 UTC] Request URI: /zencart156/splIt-yzB-sNack/index.php, IP address: ::1
    #1  VersionServer->isProjectCurrent() called at [C:\wamp\www\zencart156\splIt-yzB-sNack\includes\header.php:97]
    #2  require(C:\wamp\www\zencart156\splIt-yzB-sNack\includes\header.php) called at [C:\wamp\www\zencart156\splIt-yzB-sNack\index_dashboard.php:222]
    #3  require(C:\wamp\www\zencart156\splIt-yzB-sNack\index_dashboard.php) called at [C:\wamp\www\zencart156\splIt-yzB-sNack\index.php:26]
    --> PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'versionMajor' in C:\wamp\www\zencart156\splIt-yzB-sNack\includes\classes\VersionServer.php on line 77.

[01-Feb-2019 18:04:18 UTC] Request URI: /zencart156/splIt-yzB-sNack/index.php, IP address: ::1
    #1  require(C:\wamp\www\zencart156\splIt-yzB-sNack\includes\header.php) called at [C:\wamp\www\zencart156\splIt-yzB-sNack\index_dashboard.php:222]
    #2  require(C:\wamp\www\zencart156\splIt-yzB-sNack\index_dashboard.php) called at [C:\wamp\www\zencart156\splIt-yzB-sNack\index.php:26]
    --> PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'versionMajor' in C:\wamp\www\zencart156\splIt-yzB-sNack\includes\header.php on line 103.

#1  require(C:\wamp\www\zencart156\splIt-yzB-sNack\includes\header.php) called at [C:\wamp\www\zencart156\splIt-yzB-sNack\index_dashboard.php:222]
    #2  require(C:\wamp\www\zencart156\splIt-yzB-sNack\index_dashboard.php) called at [C:\wamp\www\zencart156\splIt-yzB-sNack\index.php:26]
    --> PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'versionMinor' in C:\wamp\www\zencart156\splIt-yzB-sNack\includes\header.php on line 103.

--> PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'versionDetail' in C:\wamp\www\zencart156\splIt-yzB-sNack\includes\header.php on line 103.

--> PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'versionDownloadURI' in C:\wamp\www\zencart156\splIt-yzB-sNack\includes\header.php on line 122.
    Here's what I see at the top of my admin
    Attachment 18310

I believe this is because I'm not running in SSL and don't have a local certificate. Just sharing in case it helps anyone else out.
    Last edited by gwynwyffar; 1 Feb 2019 at 07:16 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gwynwyffar View Post
    I'm having similar issues running a clean install of 1.5.6a on Wampserver on Windows 10. I spent the morning battling just to get cURL to load - You may want to try making sure that both your PHP and Apache are updated (I was running Apache 2.4.17 along with PHP 7.1.26 and cURL wouldn't work). Updating to Apache 2.4.38 did the trick.
    What did you update your PHP to?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12