Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default clean install Curl issue on WAMP

I have tried to run zc 1.5.6 on a clean install new databases and an WAMP server with PHP 7.2.13 and 7.3
    Cannot get front end to load on version 7.3 and cannot get admin to load either

php 7.2.13 I get the front end loaded, but only get login to show on admin.

Looking at the logs I get this error:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function curl_init() ....in "admin"\includes\classes\VersionServer.php

this is a local WAMP Curl is on and if I run the extras/curltester/php

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in .....\extras\curltester.php on line 21
    ( ! ) Error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in ...\extras\curltester.php on line 21

searching the php code for the whole of the zencart site I do not see a definition for the function curl_init(). If this is designed to call the curl.dll file on the server (in php directory) then I don't know why it is not as the server show that it is running.

Any clues please. Have I missed something obvious.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: zc1.5.6 clean install Curl issue

You may need to contact your hoster to have them enable cURL (or perhaps move to another hoster). You'll see in Admin->Version whether it's turned on for your hoster (it sounds like it isn't).
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

He is the host, it is a local installation wampp
    Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    You may need to contact your hoster to have them enable cURL (or perhaps move to another hoster). You'll see in Admin->Version whether it's turned on for your hoster (it sounds like it isn't).

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: clean install Curl issue on WAMP

Okay it is some thing with teh server as I have just gone back to PHP version 7.0.4 and I can now get logged in.

Any clues for how to fix WAMP for php version 7.3 much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    He is the host, it is a local installation wampp
    Even though this was in the subject and the body, I somehow missed it. LOL.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

curl_init is a function that PHP provides. But it only provides it if CURL is installed/compiled-into PHP. (Separately for each PHP version you have installed.)

You will need to make sure your WAMP config has CURL enabled in PHP. I'd offer instructions but I don't use WAMP.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Just as an aside - the check for new version shows an error: get a bunch of curly brackets and logs give:

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'versionMajor' in ....admin\includes\classes\VersionServer.php

and also:

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'versionDownloadURI' in ...."admin"\includes\header.php on line 122

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
    Just as an aside - the check for new version shows an error: get a bunch of curly brackets and logs give:

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'versionMajor' in ....admin\includes\classes\VersionServer.php

and also:

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'versionDownloadURI' in ...."admin"\includes\header.php on line 122
    Ya, those are because your CURL problem is causing empty results from the version-check that's being attempted.
    Those will go away once your curl issue is fixed.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte,

Thank you for reply, I have checked the php extensions and the curl does have a tick next to it in all version when looking at the wampmanager menu from the icon on the start bar.

I have also looked in the php ini and they also have the line uncommented so it appears to be installed. the only difference between the version is the php_curl.dll and curl.dll names for the extension when you go and look for the files in the wamp install directories but the documents say that this has been taken care of in the apache server. So I am continuing to search the web for answers.

Any further ideas of course most appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

FYI - a simpler way to test CURL, without loading the core of Zen Cart is to point your browser URL to your /extras/paypal_tlstest.php or /extras/curltester.php file.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast