Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default functions_categories.php PHP Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array

Zen Cart 156

well i am just about complete with my upgrade. I did find one error that came up... If someone could assist me or lead me in the right direction.\

PHP Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in
    C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\functions\functions_categories.php on line 162.

This is what is on line 162

Code:
    $subcategories_array[sizeof($subcategories_array)] = $subcategories->fields['categories_id'];

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: functions_categories.php PHP Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array

What's the rest of the error message stack? (ie: all the other involved files and their line numbers)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: functions_categories.php PHP Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array

sorry about that

Code:

[20-Dec-2018 04:56:45 Europe/Berlin] Request URI: /xxxxxx.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=715, IP address: 127.0.0.1
    #1  sizeof() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\functions\functions_categories.php:162]
    #2  zen_get_subcategories() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\functions\extra_functions\functions_auto_category_images.php:12]
    #3  auto_category_images() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\modules\theme871\category_row.php:161]
    #4  require(C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\modules\theme871\category_row.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\templates\theme871\templates\tpl_modules_category_row.php:27]
    #5  require(C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\templates\theme871\templates\tpl_modules_category_row.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\templates\theme871\templates\tpl_index_categories.php:271]
    #6  require(C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\templates\theme871\templates\tpl_index_categories.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\modules\pages\index\main_template_vars.php:232]
    #7  require(C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\modules\pages\index\main_template_vars.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\templates\theme871\common\tpl_main_page.php:486]
    #8  require(C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\templates\theme871\common\tpl_main_page.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\index.php:97]
    [20-Dec-2018 04:56:45 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\functions\functions_categories.php on line 162

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm guessing your custom code in \includes\functions\extra_functions\functions_auto_category_images.php is not properly set up for calling the zen_get_subcategories() function. It needs to pass an already-initialized array as the first parameter, but in your case it isn't.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

yes this is a custom piece of code to get automtatic category images
    https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1977

I believe the issue is come from

zen_get_subcategories( $sub_categories, $catID );
    $image = auto_category_images( $sub_categories[array_rand( $sub_categories )] );

Code:
    <?php

function auto_category_images( $catID ) {
    		global $db;

if ( $catID > 0 ) {

$cat_has_products = $db->Execute("SELECT p.products_image FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c WHERE p.products_id = p2c.products_id AND p2c.categories_id = " . $catID . " ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 1");
    		    if($cat_has_products->RecordCount() > 0){
    		    	$image = $cat_has_products->fields['products_image'];
    		    } else {
    		    	$image = auto_category_images( $sub_categories[array_rand( $sub_categories )] );
    		  	}
    		} else {
    			// This category contains no products!
    			$image = 'pixel_trans.gif';
    		}

return $image;
    	}

?>
    Last edited by chadlly2003; 21 Dec 2018 at 04:03 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Change
    Code:
    to
    Code:
    if (!empty($sub_categories)) { 
    } else {
    }
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

I tried the changes you gave me but for some reason I still getting the same error

Code:
    [21-Dec-2018 16:54:53 Europe/Berlin] Request URI: /xxxxxx.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=715, IP address: ::1

#1  sizeof() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\functions\functions_categories.php:162]

#2  zen_get_subcategories() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\functions\extra_functions\functions_auto_category_images.php:12]

#3  auto_category_images() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\modules\theme871\category_row.php:161]

#4  require(C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\modules\theme871\category_row.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\templates\theme871\templates\tpl_modules_category_row.php:27]

#5  require(C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\templates\theme871\templates\tpl_modules_category_row.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\templates\theme871\templates\tpl_index_categories.php:271]

#6  require(C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\templates\theme871\templates\tpl_index_categories.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\modules\pages\index\main_template_vars.php:232]

#7  require(C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\modules\pages\index\main_template_vars.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\templates\theme871\common\tpl_main_page.php:486]

#8  require(C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\templates\theme871\common\tpl_main_page.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\index.php:97]
    [21-Dec-2018 16:54:53 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\functions\functions_categories.php on line 162
    eme871\category_row.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\xxxxxx.com\includes\templates\theme871\templates\tpl_modules_category_row.php:27]

Plugin Contributions

You also have to make the change that Dr. Byte mentioned. At the top of your function do

$sub_categories = array();

Plugin Contributions

this is what the change look. I believe there is an error in the code i just don't know how to fix it.

Code:
    <?php

function auto_category_images( $catID ) {
    		global $db;

if ( $catID > 0 ) {

$cat_has_products = $db->Execute("SELECT p.products_image FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c WHERE p.products_id = p2c.products_id AND p2c.categories_id = " . $catID . " ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 1");
    		    if($cat_has_products->RecordCount() > 0){
    		    	$image = $cat_has_products->fields['products_image'];
    		    } else {
    if (!empty($sub_categories)) { 
    } else {
    }
    		  	}

}

return $image;
    	}

?>
    Last edited by chadlly2003; 21 Dec 2018 at 05:19 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Under global $db; add

$sub_categories = array();

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast