Plugin Contributions

Default Add a new shipping option?

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]

zc 1.5.5f - php 5.6

Is there a way to add a new shipping option in the admin? I want to add one that just says 'Invoiced'. Shipping and Tax will be calculated after the order is placed.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add a new shipping option?

You can add an Order Status to indicate Invoiced, that's how we do it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lidlchris View Post
    [Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]

zc 1.5.5f - php 5.6

Is there a way to add a new shipping option in the admin? I want to add one that just says 'Invoiced'. Shipping and Tax will be calculated after the order is placed.
    How is this applied throughout the store? Are all product purchased to be invoiced? Is some to be? What happens if an order contains some product to be invoiced while others not?

When using this invoiced method is there to be completely no tax or just no tax on the shipping part?

As ChuckPhillips has put it, if it is just an indicator within the admin status then it's easy, if it is about the checkout process, it involves more.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckPhillips View Post
    You can add an Order Status to indicate Invoiced, that's how we do it.
    yes i know but it still looks messy during checkout.. i got it to show no taxes but the best i could do is show shipping at $0.00 which is misleading. how do you just not show shipping?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    How is this applied throughout the store? Are all product purchased to be invoiced? Is some to be? What happens if an order contains some product to be invoiced while others not?

When using this invoiced method is there to be completely no tax or just no tax on the shipping part?

As ChuckPhillips has put it, if it is just an indicator within the admin status then it's easy, if it is about the checkout process, it involves more.
    All products are to be invoiced. There is to be NO tax calculated on any items. And there is to be NO shipping costs calculated. The entire order process should only create an order. The company will then take that order and manually invoice the customer with tax and shipping included. So the checkout process would not need the shipping calculations and displays.

Plugin Contributions

Use the Free Shipping module. Change the text "Free Shipping" to something like "Best Way - Will Call". It's in the module's language file. It will still show $0.0.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckPhillips View Post
    Use the Free Shipping module. Change the text "Free Shipping" to something like "Best Way - Will Call". It's in the module's language file. It will still show $0.0.
    yeah that would be better i think but still showing zero dollars looks bad

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lidlchris View Post

zc 1.5.5f - php 5.6

Not sure if you know, but there is a module for this. I have used it now for many years and it works great.

Allows the admin to specify one or more multiple pricing groups as having "invoice" permission. Allowing customers to pay by invoice can then be done by moving the customer into one of these groups.

The update for v.1.5.6 is also out: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=131