Plugin Contributions

Default install would not get past checking the system

I uploaded to sub folder the new 1.5.6 run the install it would not get past checking the system.
    I checked the server running php 5.6 also tried to run it with php 7 but no luck.

Server error client denied by server configuration: /var/www/vhosts/domain/httpdocs/new/includes/filenames.php
    Should I reset the permissions as a temporary fix?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Install hanging up

Found the following
    [21-Dec-2018 11:55:16 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /var/www/vhosts/domain/httpdocs/new/zc_install/includes/modules/pages/index/header_php.php on line 13

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ianhg View Post
    Found the following
    [21-Dec-2018 11:55:16 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /var/www/vhosts/domain/httpdocs/new/zc_install/includes/modules/pages/index/header_php.php on line 13
    Do you have a folder in your store's path, that has the file banner_manager.php in it? The folder should be the YOUR_TO_BE_RENAMED_ADMIN folder.
    What are the permissions on the folder?

This particular "undefined offset 0" response/notice is a result of the system being unable to locate your "admin" directory (which is essentially based on the existence of the file banner_manager.php file being in that directory). If that has been removed from the default fileset then that is one thing, but more than likely it has something to do with being able to determine if the file exists.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: install would not get past checking the system

Server error client denied by server configuration: /var/www/vhosts/domain/httpdocs/new/includes/filenames.php
    Should I reset the permissions as a temporary fix?
    NO! This specific test for filenames.php is done by zc_install to check that .htaccess rules are properly denying access to protected files like filenames.php
    So that is an expected thing to see in the apache logs.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Do you have a folder in your store's path, that has the file banner_manager.php in it? The folder should be the YOUR_TO_BE_RENAMED_ADMIN folder.
    What are the permissions on the folder?

This particular "undefined offset 0" response/notice is a result of the system being unable to locate your "admin" directory (which is essentially based on the existence of the file banner_manager.php file being in that directory). If that has been removed from the default fileset then that is one thing, but more than likely it has something to do with being able to determine if the file exists.
    Thanks to both of you appreciate the help... I feel a bit foolish the admin folder didn't get load to the server. Can not believe I dint spot that.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Thanks to both of you appreciate the help... I feel a bit foolish the admin folder didn't get load to the server. Can not believe I dint spot that.
    No worries. I've updated zc_install for future to cause a halt with a message to go and get the admin directory if it doesn't exist ;)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.