Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: File preview_info. How can a post be null ?

Hi
    I'm still struggling here cause I'm not understanding the logic in this files.

PHP Code:
    if (zen_not_null($_POST)) {

$pInfo = new objectInfo($_POST);

$products_name $_POST['products_name']; 
    If the POST was passed to $pInfo , why use $products_name ?
    Cause latter on it's again passed to $pInfo IF some $_GET['read'] is not set and not "only"

PHP Code:
    for ($i 0$n sizeof($languages); $i $n$i++) {
          if (isset(
    $_GET['read']) && ($_GET['read'] == 'only')) {

$pInfo->products_name zen_get_products_name($pInfo->products_id$languages[$i]['id']);

$pInfo->products_description zen_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id$languages[$i]['id']);

$pInfo->products_url zen_get_products_url($pInfo->products_id$languages[$i]['id']);
          } else {

$pInfo->products_name zen_db_prepare_input($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_description zen_db_prepare_input($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_url zen_db_prepare_input($products_url[$languages[$i]['id']]);
          } 
    This makes sense if I could find that state "read = only" in the preview_info ... but I can't....
    When does it occur ?

Thanks
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

Until now I can only see this in GET

Code:
    (
        [cPath] => 4
        [pID] => 56
        [action] => new_product_preview
    )
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

You understand that $_GET variables are the parameters on the uri, correct? So, if the uri had &read=only in it, then the sub-logic you were asking about would obtain the related information from the database only and not allow changes to be incorporated.

Also understand that some of the changes that have been made to version 1.5.6 have been to build/rebuild the software to the level of usage from their own perspective. I haven't seen discussion of an on-purpose removal, but there has been code in the store that allowed a sort of access without permissions condition. Like a way for someone to see at least some portions of the admin while in a restricted state. Some of that has been removed (for now). I suspect though that if there are those that will miss the feature that either a plugin will be added or the code reincorporated. For the moment, while I'd like to resubmit those sections, it seems that it needs to be more cohesive than just a few lines here or there.

It's been a minute since I've looked at the structure of say the objectInfo result from setting the $_POST data to it, but what I see is that the fields of concern are those controlled by language selections. It almost appears as if there is some desire to ensure/force that the appropriate language designator(s) were used on the page posting to the preview_info page. Basically not trusting that the posted data was formatted as expected.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

thanks.
    The issue for me, is that I'm updating a code that I didn't made to work with other that I didn't made either.
    Trying to do things the best way, but I guess it's not possible, but it's not wise to ignore it, especially when a lot has change in 156.
    I have around 60 lines of fields verifications, that I can't see the use of it. But they are working where I can see then....

Well.... ->MoveNext();

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mesnitu View Post
    I have around 60 lines of fields verifications, that I can't see the use of it. But they are working where I can see then....

Well.... ->MoveNext();

Thanks
    Are these field verifications performing sanitization? Like making sure that the data entered is an integer or clean text to support entry into the database?

If so, then the sanization class should be better used which processes posted data before getting to any of these pages.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks.
    I guess that's it. And that's something that I need to learn also. Sanitize.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mesnitu View Post
    I was wondering something like that, but... you never know, because there's a lot of zencart stuff that I never used. Didn't need it to.
    It's somehow a very poetic ELSE, there's live in there, trap in a kind of aldous huxley lost world.
    ok! Less code. I like it

Thanks
    Thanks for the reminder, @mesnitu, it's been a couple of years since I last read "A Brave New World". I'll need to hunt that up ...

Plugin Contributions

Ups! Please don't do that!
    Don't know why I mentioned Aldous Huxley! I wanted to say Conan Doyle
    Anyway, author's apart, a very good book!
    I've been catching up, books that I've should've read and didn't! That was one!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12