Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.5.6 ezpages split table structure

Upgrading from 155a to 156, WAMP 3.1.6, PHP 7.1.16 (PHP 7.2 and 7.3 throw too many errors with ZC155 when comparing existing with new), MySQL 5.7.21, Apache 2.4.33

I manual split the imported ezpages table to populate the ezpages_content using the SQL posted by mc12345678. This part works OK but the database update/conversion does not create the field "status_visible" in the ezpages table that is imported.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by OldNGrey View Post
    Upgrading from 155a to 156, WAMP 3.1.6, PHP 7.1.16 (PHP 7.2 and 7.3 throw too many errors with ZC155 when comparing existing with new), MySQL 5.7.21, Apache 2.4.33

I manual split the imported ezpages table to populate the ezpages_content using the SQL posted by mc12345678. This part works OK but the database update/conversion does not create the field "status_visible" in the ezpages table that is imported.
    So what do the install related logs say? Of course I expect an error related to the install attempting to create the ezpages_content table, but I thought it would continue with the remainder of the sql after that.
    Question 2: why the manual creation/upload?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I reran a clean upgrade of a 155a database and it creates the "ezpages_content" table (including the correct prefix) and appends the field "status-visible" to the ezpages table. Previous errors with the field missing were due to my db exports including drop table statements and not using the new table structure when reloaded.

The ezpages table is populated but the "ezpages_content" table has no data. The user interface in the admin panel displays no ezpages.

The log files show the following 2 messages
    upgradeException
    ALTER TABLE zen_countries ADD status tinyint(1) DEFAULT 1; 1060: Duplicate column name 'status'

upgradeException
    LEFT JOIN languages l ON 1; 1146: Table 'zc156_ezpagestest.languages' doesn't exist
    [NOTE: no table prefix displayed in error message]

Plugin Contributions

I reran a clean upgrade of a 155a database and it creates the "ezpages_content" table (including the correct prefix) and appends the field "status-visible" to the ezpages table. Previous errors with the field missing were due to my db exports including drop table statements and not using the new table structure when reloaded.

The ezpages table is populated but the "ezpages_content" table has no data. The user interface in the admin panel displays no ezpages.

The log files show the following 2 messages
    upgradeException
    ALTER TABLE zen_countries ADD status tinyint(1) DEFAULT 1; 1060: Duplicate column name 'status'

upgradeException
    LEFT JOIN languages l ON 1; 1146: Table 'zc156_ezpagestest.languages' doesn't exist
    [NOTE: no table prefix displayed in error message]
    Said that used the updated sql, but seems like did not update the code related to the install processing. Please see this post for reference to the modification: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....78#post1352478

Not having the code in place that was modified would/could result in the table being created, but the old ezpages not copying to the new table because of the database prefix not being prepended.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

ez_pages conversion working correctly -thanks for your help

Steps followed in v156 are:
    delete db
    recreate db
    import 155 with drop table set
    run zc_install upgrade

ez_pages populated [ with patch "V156 zc install - add parser for left join queries" added to zc_install/includes/classes/class.zcDatabaseInstaller.php
    ez_pages import data now split across ez_pages + ez_pages_content tables

logs now display only MySQL error 1060 encountered during zc_install: Duplicate column name 'status'
    ALTER TABLE zen_countries ADD status tinyint(1) DEFAULT 1;
    Note: this field already exists in 155 database

Zen Cart 156; Apache 2.4.33; PHP 7.2.4; MySLQ 5.7.21; Windows 10

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

logs now display only MySQL error 1060 encountered during zc_install: Duplicate column name 'status'
    Note: this field already exists in 155 database
    It'd be interesting to know "why" it was already there. But as long as it's a "TINYINT(1) DEFAULT 1" in the database table config, you can ignore that it's already there and carry on.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    It'd be interesting to know "why" it was already there. But as long as it's a "TINYINT(1) DEFAULT 1" in the database table config, you can ignore that it's already there and carry on.
    The field exists in my export of 155a production. This is the structure.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	countries status field 2019-01-01_161313.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	18225

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Then that countries status message can be ignored.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm having same issue with ezpages but now also having issues with sale maker, these are my details:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apache.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	18232

Error:
    Code:
    [04-Jan-2019 01:00:27 UTC] MySQL error 1060 encountered during zc_install:
    Duplicate column name 'status'
    ---------------

[04-Jan-2019 01:00:28 UTC] MySQL error 1146 encountered during zc_install:
    Table 'ideas_playpen.languages' doesn't exist
    LEFT JOIN languages l ON 1;
    ---------------
    I tried patch but that didn't work for me, I just inserted all the EZPages manually one by one to move on but now SaleMaker is not working properly. This is all done with the demo data of ZC.

The problem with SaleMaker is that if you go in to edit any sale, after updating the info it will delete the SaleName.

NOTE: Also I noticed that maybe the tutorial on how to do the database backup for the upgrades should be revised since it's so different now that it was very hard for me to follow because the options are not anymore in the same order and they have changed a lot. Maybe the backup is wrong from the beginning.
    IDEAS Girl
    IDEAS Creative Group
    = Your image... our business!
    My contributions: SophyBlue / Sophy Blue-Grey / Mistik / The Bookshelf / Dynamic Sideboxes

Plugin Contributions

The first message was legit but this is quite hard to fix (you can't do an ALTER IGNORE TABLE anymore in MySQL 5.7).

The second one is surprising - you should definitely have a languages table. Not sure why you didn't.
    Last edited by swguy; 4 Jan 2019 at 04:48 PM.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast