Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I get rid of this on a new cart?

Quote Originally Posted by bscho View Post
    My define_main_ pages_ editor is missing from the toolbox the search box gave me the clue to change the line but I cannot find what controls the text and image below the line. It says have you got yours yet and the Zencart book image.
    You need to be more specific and descriptive in your posts. I have almost no clue what you are trying to say. Here are some guessed fixes for you:

Check that this file exists: includes/languages/english/html_includes/YOUR_TEMPLATE/define_main_page.php

If it does not, make one (copy it from includes/languages/english/html_includes/define_main_page.php

If it does, you should be able to find the text you are talking about and change it here: Tools>Define Pages Editor>define_main_page.php

If you are unable to access Tools>Define Pages>Editor then you need to fix that first.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bscho View Post
    My define_main_ pages_ editor is missing from the toolbox the search box gave me the clue to change the line but I cannot find what controls the text and image below the line. It says have you got yours yet and the Zencart book image.

Thanks for all your help.
    The search for 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed ' should have directed you to consider editing includes/languages/english/index.php and/or includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/index.php.

Specifically to modify at least two lines of data having the following define:
    Code:
     define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart® E-Commerce Solution.');
    Following a similar process, you should be able to search for: '[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]Have you got yours yet? Join the 1000's of Zen Cart users that have bought the only comprehensive owners manual !' on the catalog side and be presented with files such as those in the next list:
    includes/languages/english/html_includes/define_main_page.php
    includes/languages/english/html_includes/responsive_classic/define_main_page.php
    includes/languages/english/html_includes/classic/define_main_page.php

Notice how all three of those files (end of the path) are define_main_page.php and how they are found in the languages folder specifically html_includes folder of the languages folder. These type files are editable in the tools->Define Pages Editor screen. To be presented as an item to edit, historically the file had to exist in the path shown above for the first of three files.

I really am at a loss on how to help further. Perhaps if you continue to experience a problem you could explain each step of what you are doing, what you expect to happen and what is actually happening? Right now it seems to me that you are trying to find where specific content is stored.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

@bscho,

Elsewhere you posted about the book ad and wanting to remove it. The instructions for doing that are directly under the book ad itself.
    See here:
    Name:  Getting rid of book ad.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  47.8 KB

Also, your whole store is using template_default (hence the gawdy stylesheet intended only for designers to see separate sections for styling purposes), instead of an actual template of your own, presumably because you've selected a template which isn't installed in your store. I suggest switching over to Responsive Classic, in Admin->Tools->Template Select.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12