Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Took the plunge upgrade 1.39 to 1.56, admin missing options

The configure files were set as 777 I guess fully open, as in my question a few posts up, not sure at what level these to be set at, 755 or 777 even tho temporary.
    Those other folders are already writeable, is that good enough as I asked, are they to be 644, 755 or 777.

I gather the operation is now far more intelligent as the admin folder does not now have to be stated in the configure files like in 139, and is found by default.

As for permissions on the cart database, this was working for 156 yesterday as it is, so what and where is the change coming from to get that fault back again?

Neither of you mentioned the UPGRADE is mentioned in my photo screenshot yet no Upgrade button offered, maybe someone will enlighten us.
    Will deal with database dates (on another thread), before I go further with install.

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....atetime-values
    Original store was 1.39:- TransportPostcards.co.uk/shop (redirecting out)
    Working on a fresh new store... 1.56a TransportPostcards.co.uk/store
    Appreciate Zen-Cart? - Always keep a banner link on your shop

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dinnages View Post
    Neither of you mentioned the UPGRADE is mentioned in my photo screenshot yet no Upgrade button offered, maybe someone will enlighten us.
    The upgrade button is only offered when it can connect to the database, but the red error message is telling you it can't connect using the DB_xxxxxx details found in the configure.php file. Could be a problem with any of your DB_xxxxxx settings. Do they correctly match the one you're trying to upgrade?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The upgrade button is only offered when it can connect to the database, but the red error message is telling you it can't connect using the DB_xxxxxx details found in the configure.php file. Could be a problem with any of your DB_xxxxxx settings. Do they correctly match the one you're trying to upgrade?
    Yes, get that now, many thanks, a tiny bit different on one config file, now have upgrade option.

Now down to the database changes before install.php

Plugin Contributions

Sorted the clean of database for dates as on the other thread mentioned above, removed the install folder as requested.
    Made configure files 444.

Got this in admin again
    While on my store front, its all text no layout now at all, which I did have previously although couldnt amend anything in admin.

Welcome to Zen Cart®

You are seeing this page for one or more reasons

Example of the defines in configure.php file in admin folder

Code:
    define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.transportpostcards.co.uk'); define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://www.transportpostcards.co.uk');  define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/store/'); define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/store/');  define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'home/nostalg/public_html/store/');   define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql'); // always 'mysql' define('DB_PREFIX', 'zen_'); // prefix for database table names -- preferred to be left empty define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8'); // 'utf8' or 'latin1' are most common define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');  // address of your db server define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'nostalg_zc3'); define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'PASSWORD'); define('DB_DATABASE', 'nostalg_zc3');

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dinnages View Post
    Sorted the clean of database for dates as on the other thread mentioned above, removed the install folder as requested.
    Made configure files 444.

Got this in admin again
    While on my store front, its all text no layout now at all, which I did have previously although couldnt amend anything in admin.

Welcome to Zen Cart®

Example of the defines in configure.php file in admin folder

Code:
    define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.transportpostcards.co.uk'); define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://www.transportpostcards.co.uk');  define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/store/'); define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/store/');  define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'home/nostalg/public_html/store/');   define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql'); // always 'mysql' define('DB_PREFIX', 'zen_'); // prefix for database table names -- preferred to be left empty define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8'); // 'utf8' or 'latin1' are most common define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');  // address of your db server define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'nostalg_zc3'); define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'PASSWORD'); define('DB_DATABASE', 'nostalg_zc3');
    Need the rest of that welcome to Zen Cart message, the last couple of paragraphs at least as those identify the issue that was found.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Really nothing helpful to me.

Not changed anything since the configure files were working better than now, last time round.

Code:
    This is not your first time using Zen Cart® and you have previously completed the normal installation procedures.           
              If this is the case for you, then...           

• Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php files contain invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.
    • If you recently edited your configure.php files for any reason, or perhaps moved your site to a different folder or different server, then you will need to review and update all your settings to the correct values for your server.
    • Additionally, if the permissions have been changed on your configure.php files, then perhaps they are too low for the files to be read.
    • Or the configure.php files could be missing altogether.
    • Or your web hosting provider has recently changed the server's PHP configuration (or upgraded its version) then they may have broken things as well.
    • See the Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart® website for assistance.

Plugin Contributions

Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php files contain invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.

Okay, so changed both the configure.php files to direct to a different duplicated copy of the recently date checked file.
    Went in and typed in password (same) of the user of both those databases, as noted below, version 3 and 3c.

Cant see where there is a password change for a database itself only the user of that database.

define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql'); // always 'mysql' define('DB_PREFIX', 'zen_'); // prefix for database table names -- preferred to be left empty define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8'); // 'utf8' or 'latin1' are most common define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // address of your db server define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'nostalg_zc3'); define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'PASSWORD'); define('DB_DATABASE', 'nostalg_zc3');

just tried this too
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'nostalg_zc3c');

Losing the plot again

From logs, stuf that failed;

Jan 11 2019 9:04 -- checkIniGet FAILED ( [inigetName] => output_buffering [expectedValue] => 1 )

Jan 11 2019 9:04 -- checkPhpVersion FAILED ( [version] => 7.2.9 [versionTest] => ge )

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Need the rest of that welcome to Zen Cart message, the last couple of paragraphs at least as those identify the issue that was found.
    Having now attended to other issues outside of my ZenCart, I have come back to this topic so I might get the last bit sorted.

Here is what is now showing at my 1.56a cart public point, without any other files such as images saved from the 1.39 cart that I upgraded from as a new install.
    used the original database however copied it, time/dates corrected witn a MySQL file discussed elsewhere, however just stuck on the configure files.
    The admin access is therefore blocked. The database user password has been changed a number of times, the locations all seem fine as they were working on the upgrade 1.56 before the change to 1.56a

www.transportpostcards.co.uk/store
    Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart® E-Commerce Solution.

Welcome, please enjoy our online showcase.

www.transportpostcards.co.uk/store/ADMIN

1. n/a
    2. This is not your first time using Zen Cart® and you have previously completed the normal installation procedures.
      If this is the case for you, then...
      • Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php files contain invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.
      • If you recently edited your configure.php files for any reason, or perhaps moved your site to a different folder or different server, then you will need to review and update all your settings to the correct values for your server.
      • Additionally, if the permissions have been changed on your configure.php files, then perhaps they are too low for the files to be read.
      • Or the configure.php files could be missing altogether.
      • Or your web hosting provider has recently changed the server's PHP configuration (or upgraded its version) then they may have broken things as well.

public and admin configure;

define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql'); // always 'mysql'
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'zen_'); // prefix for database table names -- preferred to be left empty
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8'); // 'utf8' or 'latin1' are most common
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // address of your db server
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'nostalg_zc3');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'PASSWORD');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'nostalg_zc3');

Somewhat confused what is wrong, got this far with help from both Dr Byte & mc12345678

Plugin Contributions

Right now while trying to access the above "problem" location, I see that the site is in maintenance mode, some database is in place other than the ZC demo products, but I'm seeing something unusual regarding the page content and when viewing the source.

The site is redirected to all https, the page is loading predominantly all https related links; however, the base tag for the page is incorrectly formatted which results in not loading the css basically.

It shows exactly as this:
    <base href="HTTPS_SERVER/store/" />
    Something has been entered wrong somewhere. It may be that the html_header.php file got changed to try to force https by enclosing the constant HTTPS_SERVER within quotes instead of treating as an actual constant, or that there was something done elsewhere (no idea where else would make sense and still allow operation).

As to the message(s), not seeing any such "first time" messages on the catalog side.

If there is still an issue on the admin side where that message appears, then suggest comparing the database content between the includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files and then the DIR_FS_CATALOG in admin/includes/configure.php should be the same as in includes/configure.php.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Very many thanks for another look at my 'problem', I have studied your home page and see your very knowledagble in such matters.
    At the start having issues, my host changed a few things when trying to get the SSL / https to be valid rather than keep showing site insecure so will go back to them to see what they did with htaccess as I have never edited those for fear of mucking things up. These are dotted around the folders so I leave well alone.

The /store/ does show where I opted for upgrade and not a fresh new install, so it used the copied database from my 1.39 while it had a time/date check as mentioned on another thread, and after two goes it upgraded 1.39 to 1.55 then to 1.56a, and all my images are within the correct folder as per 1.39 yet none are seen in the 1.56a however did see them previously before the final cycle.

Is there an issue with 'all redirected to https' ? Something I think is related to my host doing, as that server/store/ doesnt seem right even to me.

As for html_header.php there are three of these in the /store/ on the PC files so which am I looking for, template_default ?
    The original file content on the PC is all PHP variables so not something I would understand, nor wish to edit.
    It is exactly the same, no different in public_html/store/includes/templates/template_default/common/html_header.php

Catalog public side says 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart® E-Commerce Solution.
    Welcome, please enjoy our online showcase.' on HOME https://www.transportpostcards.co.uk/store/

'the DIR_FS_CATALOG in admin/includes/configure.php should be the same as in includes/configure.php'
    Yes they are, both = "define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'home/nostalg/public_html/store/');"
    You would need to know my /ADMIN/ folder name to enable a look at the page there.

Here is my ADMIN CONFIGURE.PHP (partly stripped of header, & of PASSWORD), looking the same in the defines as public side file.

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://www.transportpostcards.co.uk');
    /**
    * Note about HTTPS_SERVER:
    * There is no longer an HTTPS_SERVER setting for the Admin. Instead, put your SSL URL in the HTTP_SERVER setting above.
    */

/**
    * Note about DIR_WS_ADMIN
    * The DIR_WS_ADMIN value is now auto-detected.
    * In the rare case where it cannot be detected properly, you can add your own DIR_WS_ADMIN definition below.
    */

/**
    * Enter the domain for your storefront URL.
    * Enter a separate SSL URL in HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER if your store supports SSL.
    */
    define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.transportpostcards.co.uk');
    define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://www.transportpostcards.co.uk');

/**
    * Do you use SSL for your customers login/checkout on the storefront? If so, enter 'true'. Else 'false'.
    */
    define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true');

/**
    * These DIR_WS_xxxx values refer to the name of any subdirectory in which your store is located.
    * These values get added to the HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER and HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER values to form the complete URLs to your storefront.
    * They should always start and end with a slash ... ie: '/' or '/foldername/'
    */
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/store/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/store/');

/**
    * This is the complete physical path to your store's files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
    * Should have a closing / on it.
    */
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'home/nostalg/public_html/store/');

/**
    * NOTE about DIR_FS_ADMIN
    * The value for DIR_FS_ADMIN is now auto-detected.
    * In the very rare case where there is a need to override the autodetection, simply add your own definition for it below.
    */

/**
    * The following settings define your database connection.
    * These must be the SAME as you're using in your non-admin copy of configure.php
    */
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql'); // always 'mysql'
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'zen_'); // prefix for database table names -- preferred to be left empty
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8'); // 'utf8' or 'latin1' are most common
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // address of your db server
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'nostalg_zc3');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'PASSWORD');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'nostalg_zc3');

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast