Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Took the plunge upgrade 1.39 to 1.56, admin missing options

I'll need to reread some of the response because there was a lot of information, but there certainly are some red flags about why the upgraded store is behaving the way it is. The primary one being that the "host" did the upgrade. Don't know if that was by a person or by some auto-installer run by a person.

Might be possible to restore the admin side once the catalog side issue/cause has been determined.

Okay, so to answer the questions within the previous post:

all site https:, no not specifically a problem but incorrect setup can cause what I at least initially saw. What I initially saw was a web page without any formatting applied and with images being shown as "missing" (space made available for the image but a broken link. A little more investigation (review of the source page code) revealed the meta tag:
    Code:
    <base href="HTTPS_SERVER/store/" />
    What that tells a browser is: whenever you see a link (an "a" tag or other html tag that does not have a proper domain), use this as the prefix. So all of the images and other content are prefixed with HTTPS_SERVER/store which itself is not a proper domain address so then that too gets added onto the current page address...

As to which folder to look. Well, in a default Zen Cart installation I would say to look at the template folder that is determined to be active by your admin selection of the active template; however, at the moment that seems like it may not be available, then the second option would be by the name of the template seen as active from the front of the store when reviewing the source code. Currently the css files appear to be selected from template_default, so I would suggest then also referring to that same folder for other things.

What would be helpful is in includes/templates/template_default/common/html_header.php if you were to copy from a few lines before to a few lines after the line(s) that have:
    Code:
    <base href=
    in it. There may be several there may be one line like that.

A default version has code that looks like:
    Code:
    <base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG : HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG ); ?>" />
    Based on cross reference of other information it seems like perhaps some quotes have been misplaced in the store's version of the above line.

When posting code, please capture it within [CODE][/CODE] tags that are generated by pressing the # button of the messagebox toolbar.

As to the contents of the admin/includes/configure.php file, the only real comment I have at the moment about them and knowing that the site is full https: is that HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER should begin with https:. I have also attempted to review the SSL certificate and it looks like it was actually issued to your site without the www. prefix... Again while that should not cause the install message that you report to be seeing, it could cause a problem once the HTTPS/store issue is corrected.

What you are seeing for content on the catalog side ('Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart® E-Commerce Solution. Welcome, please enjoy our online showcase.') is typical for a new/clean install of the files. The database appears to be present because even though the site is down for maintenance (allowing the sideboxes and header to be seen) the content in the visible areas is something other than the default Zen Cart installation with demo product. There may be some files that need to be carried over from your 1.3.9 install or at least where a file exists that the content needs to be typed again for your new store. (Have reasons to say may need to retype instead of just copy and paste.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Fantastic info there, many thanks.

This certainly needs sorting
    <base href="HTTPS_SERVER/store/" />
    <link rel="canonical" href="https://www.transportpostcards.co.uk/store/" />

My host didnt do the upgrade, they only assisted in the https part.
    https://my.netnerd.com/
    I have responded to my new ticket about this & they are saying about using a backup, but there is no working backup of this upgrade as yet, although going 1.56 to 1.56a lost the images.

Code:
    <?php if (defined('FAVICON')) { ?>
    <link rel="icon" href="<?php echo FAVICON; ?>" type="image/x-icon" />
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="<?php echo FAVICON; ?>" type="image/x-icon" />
    <?php } //endif FAVICON ?>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG : HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG ); ?>" />
    <?php if (isset($canonicalLink) && $canonicalLink != '') { ?>
    <link rel="canonical" href="<?php echo $canonicalLink; ?>" />
    <?php } ?>
    As I cannot gain access to admin, I am unable to change anything, yet had that before going to 1.56a !!
    Its looking good that my database has been shown as products, all the images are in the /images/ folder as in 1.39 without any 'active' files, and once I get in the admin I can check products and amend any content text, thats not important, easy to rectify, once adding a html editor that was part of 1.39 but no longer in 1.56

So to recap this overall issue I think is when going from 1.56 to 1.56a losing the admin and the images plus boxes on the storefront, so its all there but not accessable.
    Were therefore in my uneducated position, my learning curve on this I am sure its all down to this <base href="HTTPS_SERVER/store/" />
    Last edited by Dinnages; 5 Feb 2019 at 09:01 AM. Reason: link errors
    Original store was 1.39:- TransportPostcards.co.uk/shop (redirecting out)
    Working on a fresh new store... 1.56a TransportPostcards.co.uk/store
    Appreciate Zen-Cart? - Always keep a banner link on your shop

Plugin Contributions

Added this comment to my host ticket on the topic. Can see that viewing source & looking at any screen link in the html/php

To add, this is whats happening on any request to any files

https://www.transportpostcards.co.uk/store/HTTPS_SERVER/store/
    Where is this bit being added, thats the issue.
    HTTPS_SERVER/store/

cant show text without being a hyperlink
    https://www.transportpostcards.co.uk /store/HTTPS_SERVER/store/
    Last edited by Dinnages; 5 Feb 2019 at 09:11 AM.

Plugin Contributions

So since the template_default version looks correct, what directories are shown under: includes/templates?

Plugin Contributions

Yes exactly my thoughts, the html_header.php seems correct to me too, even with my low knowledge of how PHP works, I see it like variables creating different outputs depending on the input from elsewhere.

Here are the two different html_header.php files in the two templates.
    There are not enough files in the third 'classic' to be of concern.

Study my two screen shots for what is sat on my PC.
    I have checked that the live versions content are the same as below.
    They both look the same.

responsive_classic template
    Code:
       <base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER .  DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG : HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG ); ?>" />
    template_default
    Code:
    <base  href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER .  DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG : HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG ); ?>" />
    While going through all this, I cannot even see any images that are standard within Zencart for the generic views, so all the other issues I think can more easily solved when the system is actually finding the correct folder and files and not obscured by this ROOT/store/HTTPS_SERVER/store/ error

My host has come back too with;

I am digging through various files in an attempt to find where this link error is such as should look like;

From the update provided, I could understand that the source code of the link https://www.transportpostcards.co.uk/store/ shows a base reference as below '
    <base href="HTTPS_SERVER/store/" />' . Is it that you want to replace all those occurrence? In that case you will need assistance from the web developer for updating your code.

These are the below files with the above mentioned code.

./includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/html_header.php
    ./includes/templates/template_default/common/html_header.php
    ./includes/init_includes/init_file_db_names.php
    ./includes/init_includes/init_tlds.php
    ./includes/init_includes/init_sessions.php
    ./includes/configure.php
    ./includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_aim.php
    ./includes/functions/html_output.php
    ./includes/functions/functions_general.php
    ./ADMIN/includes/init_includes/init_file_db_names.php
    ./ADMIN/includes/configure.php
    ./ADMIN/includes/dist-configure.php
    ./ADMIN/includes/classes/VersionServer.php
    ./ADMIN/includes/defined_paths.php

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	templatefolders.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	18319Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inside3templatefolders.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	18320

Plugin Contributions

Okay, so could you possibly provide your includes/configure.php file obscuring specific sensitive information?

Looking at what is available to the internet of the down-for-maintenance site, it is very difficult to tell just where the https: is coming from and why when the specific define HTTPS_SERVER is used that the result is the string itself, but all of the links are being generated with https: as a prefix and the correct domain name.

The possibilities I have for this now are: includes/functions/html_output.php has been modified to return the desired/proper result, HTTPS_SERVER is not defined in the includes/configure.php. At least that could explain what is seen, though not why it is so...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Okay, so could you possibly provide your includes/configure.php file obscuring specific sensitive information?

For one part answer, here is from the post #20 above, the configure.php file.
    I have checked so many times the PC file, thats the same as the uploaded versions and the two files have the same information where we are talking about.

Will investigate the other file you mention, I was going to look through all the list given by my host.

Many thanks again for persuing this, awkward without admin access I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinnages View Post

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://www.transportpostcards.co.uk');
    /**
    * Note about HTTPS_SERVER:
    * There is no longer an HTTPS_SERVER setting for the Admin. Instead, put your SSL URL in the HTTP_SERVER setting above.
    */

/**
    * Note about DIR_WS_ADMIN
    * The DIR_WS_ADMIN value is now auto-detected.
    * In the rare case where it cannot be detected properly, you can add your own DIR_WS_ADMIN definition below.
    */

/**
    * Enter the domain for your storefront URL.
    * Enter a separate SSL URL in HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER if your store supports SSL.
    */
    define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.transportpostcards.co.uk');
    define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://www.transportpostcards.co.uk');

/**
    * Do you use SSL for your customers login/checkout on the storefront? If so, enter 'true'. Else 'false'.
    */
    define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true');

/**
    * These DIR_WS_xxxx values refer to the name of any subdirectory in which your store is located.
    * These values get added to the HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER and HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER values to form the complete URLs to your storefront.
    * They should always start and end with a slash ... ie: '/' or '/foldername/'
    */
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/store/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/store/');

/**
    * This is the complete physical path to your store's files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
    * Should have a closing / on it.
    */
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'home/nostalg/public_html/store/');

/**
    * NOTE about DIR_FS_ADMIN
    * The value for DIR_FS_ADMIN is now auto-detected.
    * In the very rare case where there is a need to override the autodetection, simply add your own definition for it below.
    */

/**
    * The following settings define your database connection.
    * These must be the SAME as you're using in your non-admin copy of configure.php
    */
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql'); // always 'mysql'
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'zen_'); // prefix for database table names -- preferred to be left empty
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8'); // 'utf8' or 'latin1' are most common
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // address of your db server
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'nostalg_zc3');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'PASSWORD');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'nostalg_zc3');

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dinnages View Post
    For one part answer, here is from the post #20 above, the configure.php file.
    I have checked so many times the PC file, thats the same as the uploaded versions and the two files have the same information where we are talking about.

Will investigate the other file you mention, I was going to look through all the list given by my host.

Many thanks again for persuing this, awkward without admin access I know.
    That file is the version of configure.php that should be located in the admin directory, specifically: admin/includes/configure.php.

I requested the file that is located in includes/configure.php off of the catalog side of the store.

It should have a similar format and content as includes/dist-configure.php.

If the same file is in both locations, then that would explain the issues occurring. The store side file should have a define for both HTTP_SERVER and HTTPS_SERVER.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Looking at what is available to the internet of the down-for-maintenance site, it is very difficult to tell just where the https: is coming from and why when the specific define HTTPS_SERVER is used that the result is the string itself, but all of the links are being generated with https: as a prefix and the correct domain name.

The possibilities I have for this now are: includes/functions/html_output.php has been modified to return the desired/proper result, HTTPS_SERVER is not defined in the includes/configure.php. At least that could explain what is seen, though not why it is so...
    So checked that file by download live file, aside the PC version via winmerge, are identical, the only reference I can find is here.

Code:
     if ($connection == 'NONSSL') {
          $link = HTTP_SERVER;
        } elseif ($connection == 'SSL') {
          if (ENABLE_SSL == 'true') {
            $link = HTTPS_SERVER ;
          } else {
            $link = HTTP_SERVER;
          }
        } else {
          die('</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br /><br /><strong class="note">Error!<br /><br />Unable to determine connection method on a link!<br /><br />Known methods: NONSSL SSL</strong><br /><br />');
        }
    While in all the configure.php files;

Code:
    /**
    * There is no longer an HTTPS_SERVER setting for the Admin. Instead, put your SSL URL in the HTTP_SERVER setting above.
    Code:

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I might be losing the plot again & need a darkend room, with all these various files
    So here is my store side includes/configure.php file with PASSWORD instead, nothing else is changed, exactly as is live.

Beginning to think if something HAS indeed crossed over here.

Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * dist-configure.php - SAMPLE FILE!
     * @package Configuration Settings
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2016 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: Author: DrByte  Thu Dec 17 11:49:31 2015 -0500 Modified in v1.5.5 $
     * @private
     */

/*************** NOTE: This file is VERY similar to, but DIFFERENT from the "store" version of configure.php. ***********/
    /***************       The 2 files should be kept separate and not used to overwrite each other.              ***********/

/**
     * Enter the domain for your Admin URL. If you have SSL, enter the correct https address in the HTTP_SERVER setting, instead of just an http address.
     */
    /**
     */

/**
     * Note about DIR_WS_ADMIN
     * The DIR_WS_ADMIN value is now auto-detected.
     * In the rare case where it cannot be detected properly, you can add your own DIR_WS_ADMIN definition below.
     */

/**
     * Enter the domain for your storefront URL.
     * Enter a separate SSL URL in HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER if your store supports SSL.
     */

/**
     * Do you use SSL for your customers login/checkout on the storefront? If so, enter 'true'. Else 'false'.
     */
    define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true');

/**
     * These DIR_WS_xxxx values refer to the name of any subdirectory in which your store is located.
     * These values get added to the HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER and HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER values to form the complete URLs to your storefront.
     * They should always start and end with a slash ... ie: '/' or '/foldername/'
     */
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/store/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/store/');

/**
     * This is the complete physical path to your store's files.  eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
     * Should have a closing / on it.
     */
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/nostalg/public_html/store/');

/**
     * NOTE about DIR_FS_ADMIN
     * The value for DIR_FS_ADMIN is now auto-detected.
     * In the very rare case where there is a need to override the autodetection, simply add your own definition for it below.
     */

/**
     * The following settings define your database connection.
     * These must be the SAME as you're using in your non-admin copy of configure.php
     */
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql'); // always 'mysql'
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'zen_'); // prefix for database table names -- preferred to be left empty
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8'); // 'utf8' or 'latin1' are most common
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');  // address of your db server
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'nostalg_zc3');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'PASSWORD');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'nostalg_zc3');

/**
     * This is an advanced setting to determine whether you want to cache SQL queries.
     * Options are 'none' (which is the default) and 'file' and 'database'.
     */
    define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'none');

/**
     * Reserved for future use
     */
    define('SESSION_STORAGE', 'temporary value added by zc_install');

/**
     * Advanced use only:
     * The following are OPTIONAL, and should NOT be set unless you intend to change their normal use. Most sites will leave these untouched.
     * To use them, uncomment AND add a proper defined value to them.
     */
    // define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE' ...
    // define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD' ...
    // define('DIR_FS_LOGS' ...

// End Of File

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast