Plugin Contributions

Default column width display issue on checkout page

Last Thursday I installed ZenCart 1.56. Then on Saturday I noticed 1.56a was available. So, I chose to upload the changed files list, and tried to do so carefully. I'm having some issues with modules which I hope to work out soon. But the issue I notice on ZenCart 1.56a is on checking out.
    Home :: Checkout - Step 1 :: Payment Method - Step 2
    mydomain.com/store/index.php?main_page=checkout_payment
    What seems to happen is the center column is wider then normal, so it pushes my right hand column out over the background. I'm including a piece of the screen shot.
    How can I fix that?

Name:  ColumnOverBackground.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  23.0 KB

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: V1.56a column width issue on checkout

I should mention the other checkout pages display normally.

Plugin Contributions

While the template looks like it might be the classic template, can you confirm?

How much of an upgrade is this? Ie. Is the store data been carried over? The fileset, is it a vanilla fileset or is there remnants of the previous version mixed in? Etc and anything more that can be provided. (ie. The posting tips)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    While the template looks like it might be the classic template, can you confirm?

How much of an upgrade is this? Ie. Is the store data been carried over? The fileset, is it a vanilla fileset or is there remnants of the previous version mixed in? Etc and anything more that can be provided. (ie. The posting tips)
    I'm not sure how to answer your questions. I don't know what fileset, vanilla fileset, posting tips, etc. refers too. I downloaded 1.56 last week and did a new install. I copied over mysql data from previous database to the new database. Then ran zc_install to upgrade last Thursday. Saturday I got notice of new version 1.56a. So, I copied over the files from newest version that were listed in /doc/changed_files-v1-5-6.html. Yes remnants of 1.65 is there and was not doing this on this one page, until I added the 1.65a files that were listed as updated. Where do I get posting tips? There is no errors posted in the webhosts Error Logs concerning the shopping cart, I just checked.

But I was running PHP 7.0 with 1.56, as zc_install would not install with PHP 7.1, the highest version the webhost has. I now have PHP 7.1 installed with 1.56a, if that would make any difference????

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by NDboots View Post
    I'm not sure how to answer your questions. I don't know what fileset, vanilla fileset, posting tips, etc. refers too. I downloaded 1.56 last week and did a new install. I copied over mysql data from previous database to the new database. Then ran zc_install to upgrade last Thursday. Saturday I got notice of new version 1.56a. So, I copied over the files from newest version that were listed in /doc/changed_files-v1-5-6.html. Yes remnants of 1.65 is there and was not doing this on this one page, until I added the 1.65a files that were listed as updated. Where do I get posting tips? There is no errors posted in the webhosts Error Logs concerning the shopping cart, I just checked.

But I was running PHP 7.0 with 1.56, as zc_install would not install with PHP 7.1, the highest version the webhost has. I now have PHP 7.1 installed with 1.56a, if that would make any difference????
    The template is Classic green, I only replaced the logo and put a background image in.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, had to place my store in classic template as well to see if I experienced anything similar...

On my testing (using my mobile device) I had varying results using the default classic template. In my case, the content shifted based on the footer banner that was part of the default install. When one of the "smaller" banners was shown, then content looked uniform, text wrapping occurred where expected/desired. When the banner was a little wider than the existing screen, then content (at least in the right side boxes) bled over, there was a strip added to the right side of the window, etc...

Doesn't "fix" the issue, but does seem to indicate that there is something "non-stationary" about the layout. Unfortunately much of the changes made to these later versions of ZC have been to better support responsive templates that flex and move a little more with content and resolution...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...