Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Improve Ranking - SEO

What is the best way to be higher up on Google rankings? My website has tons of products on it and its a good website but we seem to be getting barely any orders. Im putting this down to the google rankings, i could be wrong but whats the best way to improve rankings?

Thanks

www.mas-uk.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Improve Ranking - SEO

Unique content, fresh content, new content, user directed content.... more content, even more content.
    Your current content is a great deal of common and duplicate... In a 250 page crawl was only 12% unique. Additionally, the text per page (text/code ratio) was very bad. Load time is pretty slow by today's standards, a "C" score at 2.96 s.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

You can improve your site performance ( specially on mobile).
    You can improve your keywords.
    You can improve your url rewrite.
    You can check if you have a site map and submit to google, etc
    You can make a facebook / google catalog
    You can use google business and facebook business
    You can improve all this improvements again and again
    But the best way,
    It's to pay to google / facebook ads and be
    Even then, prepare to be unsatisfied.
    Except if you, by a fortune of destiny, have some unique content that captures buyers eyes.
    Than you are free
    From this companies slavery.

Was this some kind of a poem ?
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    Unique content, fresh content, new content, user directed content.... more content, even more content.
    Your current content is a great deal of common and duplicate... In a 250 page crawl was only 12% unique. Additionally, the text per page (text/code ratio) was very bad. Load time is pretty slow by today's standards, a "C" score at 2.96 s.

~Melanie
    Thank you, how can i improve text/code ratio?

Plugin Contributions

I would suggest you Google that, plenty of answers there.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Another thing is the speed of the website. GTx Metrix has suggested combining CSS files as I have 12. When I do this it messes up the website. Any tips?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLawless View Post
    Another thing is the speed of the website. GTx Metrix has suggested combining CSS files as I have 12. When I do this it messes up the website. Any tips?

Thanks
    Remember css is a cascading style sheet, so if going to combine files, then need to combine in sequence such that what normally would be loaded first is listed first down to the last file with its contents identified last. They may also be compressed to remove white space/returns as applicable, but sequence is essential.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

How can you find out the sequence?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Remember css is a cascading style sheet, so if going to combine files, then need to combine in sequence such that what normally would be loaded first is listed first down to the last file with its contents identified last. They may also be compressed to remove white space/returns as applicable, but sequence is essential.
    How can you find out the sequence?

Plugin Contributions

The order is the one that your site has (check the source)
    your template is based on bootstrap, so the first ones are:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/templates/theme872/css/stylesheet_bootstrap.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/templates/theme872/css/stylesheet_bootstrap_theme.css" />

All the rest may or not reset values from the above stylesheet, example:
    this one probably is using values from stylesheet_bootstrap.css and stylesheet_bootstrap_theme.css, but changing some values to match the desire result.
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/templates/theme872/css/stylesheet_categories.css" />

But if you reverse the order and now this ones are bellow stylesheet_categories.css, now is't the ones bellow that can reset / change values.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/templates/theme872/css/stylesheet_bootstrap.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/templates/theme872/css/stylesheet_bootstrap_theme.css" />

When compressing and merging the files manually... well, you have to be careful and don't forget what you've done. Comment the files to know the order ( a couple of months from now)

There are some online tools to compress and merge css / js ( ex: http://www.shrinker.ch/ )

So upload them by the order that is on your site ( it's working)
    Also, backup , backup, backup
    Last edited by mesnitu; 14 Jan 2019 at 03:29 PM.
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast