Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Improve Ranking - SEO

After you do that ( and js ), then google "speed" tool probably will complain about some css render blocking not beeing above the fold content
    There is ... or was a chrome plugin to analyze that to.
    Basically it's code that is waiting for something to finish, and you get a delay display, so, that code, shoud be in the <head></head>. ( they say)
    I've wasted hours on learning all this stuff and applying religiously.
    But, one thing is the site performance, and you should improve that if you can. (If fact, who ever built that template should've had provided and minify css and js.)
    But don't get high hopes that this "speed" is going to bring more visits. It's just a piece of a cake.
    I hope I'm not being to negative
    Sites, that can't have unique content, have to bet in social media and newsletters, some way, that you can presente the same product but with a different voice.
    My experience is books. I can't change the title or the synopsis. So all the bookshops, more or less have the same description / keywords, etc..
    However, there is room to distinguished somehow in social media, etc..
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

For example, in your case, videos or articles explaining the the differences in those products, how to install them, etc, etc
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison

Plugin Contributions

I did this in order, the order I got from the source.

This is what happened:
    Name:  screencapture-mas-uk-index-php-2019-01-14-15_15_08.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  4.2 KB

I backed up so it wasn't an issue just unsure as to why this happened.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mesnitu View Post
    For example, in your case, videos or articles explaining the the differences in those products, how to install them, etc, etc
    Thank you for your help

Plugin Contributions

2 things:
    Or you are still loading the other files ( in this case remember all the other are in this one) (You can unminify to see if it's in the right order as well )
    Or it's cached in by the browser.

Usually the best way to force the browser to read the new file is to name it with versions.
    for example stylesheet.css
    You make some changes
    Rename it to stylesheet_v1.css ( or wahtever)
    THe same for js files.

Even if you are seeing something, doesn't mean that I am seeing too. ( the spice is the worm the worm is the spice from Dune)
    Because I can have in my device a cache file.
    So when you rename it, the browser is force to render the new content.

Plugin Contributions

Content is the King, Queen, Prince and Princess of ranking. Make your descriptions as detailed and as unique as possible. Have sections within descriptions like, "xxxxxx Features", "xxxxxxx Specifications", "What's In The Box", "What We Think" etc.

Don't just tell people what the product is, tell them how they might use it. Tell people about the problems the product solves. Don't assume people know what goes with what. Tell them in the descriptions, plus via Related Items.

Make sure you have the default for Page Titles and Descriptions setup right. Customise them for important products. (I know we should do it for all products, but we get lazy.)

Submit a new sitemap after any significant changes. Make sure your sitemap is working.

Make sure you're submitting a valid Google Product Search Feed via their Merchant Centre.

There are plenty of things wrong with my own website setup at www.scubadoctor.com.au/diveshop. Performance isn't great. It's still not responsive. But a lot of effort goes into the content, and thus it ranks and sells well.

I only started paying for Google and Facebook ads three years ago, relying on pure organic growth before that. My budget is small and very focused.
    Zen Cart 1.5.5e, PHP 5.3.29 MySQL 5.5.42

Plugin Contributions

Content is the King, Queen, Prince and Princess of ranking. Make your descriptions as detailed and as unique as possible. Have sections within descriptions as appropriate like, "xxxxxx Features", "xxxxxxx Specifications", "What's In The Box", "What We Think", "Technical Tips" etc.

Don't just tell people what the product is, tell them how they might use it. Tell people about the problems the product solves. Don't assume people know what goes with what. Tell them in the descriptions, plus via Related Items.

Display a full description for every category and sub-category. As an example https://www.scubadoctor.com.au/dives...&cPath=153_256 is what seems a stupidly long one, but we sell more corrective lens masks that the whole of the Australian dive industry combined because of it.

Display a full description for every Brand.

Make sure you have the defaults for Page Titles and Descriptions setup right. Customise them for important products. (I know we should do it for all products, but we get lazy.)

Submit a new sitemap after any significant changes. Make sure your sitemap is working.

Make sure you're submitting a valid Google Product Search Feed via their Merchant Centre.

There are plenty of things wrong with my own website setup at www.scubadoctor.com.au/diveshop. Performance isn't great. It's still not responsive. But a lot of effort goes into the content, and thus it ranks and sells well.

I only started paying for Google and Facebook ads three years ago, relying on pure organic growth before that. My budget is small and very focused. I've had between 35% and 75% growth each year for over five years.

But then, your biggest problem is that I can't find out much about your products on your site. Stuff is locked down so that I have to be logged in to see the products and prices. I keep being redirected to a signup/login page. Thus the search engines can't see the products. Consider changing your setup so that everyone can see every product and the RRP, but only those logged in can see your wholesale selling price.

Also your site structure needs work. I enter into a section like CCTV and then into Cameras. But then it's by Brand. Show everything in the CCTV/Cameras category and make brand a selection option with the category.

Like most responsive templates I've seen on Zen Cart websites, yours is a bit of a clunker. (That's why I still haven't gone responsive.) Buyers love product images, so provide them and make them easy to see.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by lloyd_borrett; 15 Jan 2019 at 12:03 AM.
    Zen Cart 1.5.5e, PHP 5.3.29 MySQL 5.5.42

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the advice. I haven't paid for any ads yet what would you suggest is the best way to go about it?

The categories are on the website as they are behind log in as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12