Plugin Contributions

Default Problems with Stripe Payment Module

I had Stripe installed for 1.52 on a site.
    I updated to ZenCart 1.65 last Thursday, then 1.65a on Monday when the cart posted update available.
    I did the reinstall and put the Stripe settings like they were, as it worked earlier.
    In either case (1.56 & 1.56a) I get an error message with the last version available that's for Stripe payment for verson 1.55. It says: "Must provide source or customer", so credit card charges are not accepted. What needs to be done to fix this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StripeError.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	18249

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Stripe Payment addon in development

I had Stripe installed for 1.52 on a site.
    I updated to ZenCart 1.65 last Thursday, then 1.65a on Monday when the cart posted update available.
    I did the reinstall and put the Stripe settings like they were, as it worked earlier.
    In either case (1.56 & 1.56a) I get an error message with the last version available that's for Stripe payment for verson 1.55. It says: "Must provide source or customer", so credit card charges are not accepted. What needs to be done to fix this?

Views:	117 
ID:	18250

Plugin Contributions

Default ZenCart 1.65a Problems with Stripe Payment Module

I had Stripe Payment module installed for 1.52 on a non-profit site. I updated to ZenCart 1.65 last week Thursday, then 1.65a on this Monday when the ZenCart Admin area posted update available for 1.65a. I did the install for Stripe Payment in ZenCart 1.65 and had the following problem. Then I reinstalled in ZenCart 1.65a and put the Stripe settings in each, like they were as it worked earlier in 1.52.
    In either case (1.56 & 1.56a) I get an error message with the last version available that's for Stripe payment for ZenCart versons of 1.55. It says: "Must provide source or customer", so credit card charges are not accepted or allowed to go through. What needs to be done to fix this? Will this module be updated soon, as right now this non-profits shopping cart is unable to accept Credit Card payments via Stripe since it's new updates.

Views:	91 
ID:	18259

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems with Stripe Payment Module

Did your upgrade process validate operation in a test environment before being put in service on a live site?
    Was the module removed and reinstalled as part of the upgrade?

Personally not familiar with the payment module in question, but other than making changes to support the php version being used, there wasn't anything that significantly impacted payment modules in ZC 1.5.6/1.5.6a.

BTW, what PHP version is being used on the site?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Did your upgrade process validate operation in a test environment before being put in service on a live site?
    Was the module removed and reinstalled as part of the upgrade?

Personally not familiar with the payment module in question, but other than making changes to support the php version being used, there wasn't anything that significantly impacted payment modules in ZC 1.5.6/1.5.6a.

BTW, what PHP version is being used on the site?
    Thank you for your reply. The webhost has PHP 7.1 as highest version, that is what it is current set too. The shopping cart is working well with PayPal Standard. The current Stripe module available in Plug-ins was installed after 1.56, and again reinstalled for 1.56a, and this issue is the same for both, "Must provide source or customer" when a credit card is submitted. Yes it does it in test mode and also when not in test mode, in both versions 1.56/1.56a. There is no errors concerning this in the webhost error file, so I would think the problem is not likely PHP at the webhost end of it.

Plugin Contributions

Searching on the internet for that particular error message has identified a number of possible causes, but it seems to do with stripe not receiving all of the applicable information to be able to provide back a positive response.

So, that would lead me to look at the process of developing the current site and how it is different from a brand new new unaltered site. Further would encourage reviewing the credentials entered to support the operation and verifying that those for test were only used for test and those for production only for production, if there is some difference between the two conditions

I mean, one individual reported that their problem was fixed by including a call to implement jQuery on a page. While I doubt that would specifically be the problem using a default install with the built-in (unmodified) templates, it's important to first check the basics (again?). :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for reply. I'm not sure what to try, and not a programmer, I can only read and follow directions if explained well.

Plugin Contributions

Any idea if anyone is working on a new Stripe Payment Module that can deal with the SCA security requirements?

Plugin Contributions

Hi NDboots,
    I think it makes more sense to use the existing support thread for the Stripe payment module, link to last page provided:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-module/page20
    If you read that thread, you'll find the answers to your problems I believe. I am using Stripe happily after the changes I made.
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified for Japanese language support. Upgraded incrementally from initial 1.5.5d. Currently planning direct upgrade to 2.0.0 with available Japanese language pack and far fewer required plugins.