Plugin Contributions

Default Authorize.net MD5 Hash Phased out

Hi All,

I've got a stable site running ZC 1.5.5F with Authorize.net (AIM) payment module. I've been emailed with:

"Authorize.Net is phasing out the MD5 based transHash element in favor of the SHA-256 based transHashSHA2. The setting in the Merchant Interface which controls the MD5 Hash option will be removed by the end of January 2019, and the transHash element will stop returning values at a later date to be determined."

Has anyone got a work around or update for the Authorize.net module? Has Authorize.net become a non starter for payment gateways now? Is there another gateway we should switch to which is popular and stable?

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net MD5 Hash Phased out

Quote Originally Posted by re_active View Post
    Hi All,

I've got a stable site running ZC 1.5.5F with Authorize.net (AIM) payment module. I've been emailed with:

"Authorize.Net is phasing out the MD5 based transHash element in favor of the SHA-256 based transHashSHA2. The setting in the Merchant Interface which controls the MD5 Hash option will be removed by the end of January 2019, and the transHash element will stop returning values at a later date to be determined."

Has anyone got a work around or update for the Authorize.net module? Has Authorize.net become a non starter for payment gateways now? Is there another gateway we should switch to which is popular and stable?

Thanks in advance!
    Same here - just got an email from Authorize.net, trying to find the updated module, anyone has a link to the module?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Coins2012 View Post
    Same here - just got an email from Authorize.net, trying to find the updated module, anyone has a link to the module?
    I just received the same email with there be an update to address this?

Plugin Contributions

I received the same email from authorize.net regarding MD5. My question is can I just go into the payment module, edit and then just delete the password for MD5? Since authorize.net is taking it away on there end and then I just delete the password from the MD5 box then zen cart will not be looking for a password and no error messages will display. Can it be this easy or am I missing something? Can someone please verify that this all that needs to be done or if I need to do more steps. I am using v1.5.5f

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Guys, please sit tight and wait for an official response from the Zen Cart team.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Updated SIM module posted. See link in my post above.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.