Threaded View

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute pricing display all fouled up

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    We're not getting anywhere here since I cannot make heads or tails out of your novel; I'm not a coder and don't speak code. I'm not sure that you can condense those words down to the Cliff Notes version, here is what I see:

My cart has been functioning as expected for 8+ years. Back in the zc1.3.8a days, there was a book that explained everything in minute detail. I might be able to resurrect the outdated copy and see what it says about this since that book is what I used to initially set everything up. There's a whole chapter dedicated to attribute functionality.

Now, since the 1.5.6a update, the product pricing is significantly different. Actually, it is not the pricing, it IS the display of the attribute. (and unusable from my perspective)
    You say that you recoded the attribute pricing to make it more friendly to future users.
    My interpretation is the unsaid, existing users were not necessarily a consideration.

After several pages of words, you now say that I am at fault and there is no problem with your code changes. The pricing is functioning as you expected.
    So you think that now, after 8+ years, I have a problem to fix on my own. I am not saying that my setup is incorrect, I am saying that the pre-156a pricing displayed to the consumer is correct.

Can you please provide me step by step instructions on what I need to do in order to have the product pricing displayed as it has been displayed for 8+ years. Not 150% higher than it should be displayed.

I am not sure you really comprehend my question, since I don't remember seeing any response that addresses/mentions a displayed attribute price.
    I can do that if you can clearly provide me the setup of a product that is setup the way you are seeing the problem. I have not been provided all of the characteristics that you have setup and you have not disagreed with the conditions I have stated as testing. This change ONLY affected the displayed attribute price and that is the only thing that we have been working to address.

Note, while I had begun a response to the previous discussion, I can tell you that no the prices did not consistently show up correctly as stated several times in conditions that are supported and expected to be supported by ZC. More discussion is at: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/1404
    Last edited by mc12345678; 17 Jan 2019 at 12:33 AM.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...