Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Download button not showing

I recently upgraded from 1.39 to the newest version. I've never done an update before so I was winging it for my first time. My site is sells pdf downloads. Most of it seems to be working well but the main problem is that when you place an order, the download button is no longer there. It's neither on the checkout success page nor available when you view your order on the account.

Since this is the only thing I sell, this is a problem. Everything in the attribute settings for each product is still correct, it still shows the files are attached. It just won't allow customer's to download.

I have my main site down for maintenance, but I do have a test site that I use that I did the same update on and it does the same thing.
    http://www.aostest.dreamhosters.com/

I guess I didn't test it out completely before I upgraded the real thing! But I've had my site down for a few months anyway so I wasn't concerned with having it offline.

Any suggestions on what to look for?

Also, when sending out gift certificates, etc, it's showing TEXT_GV_NAME instead of 'Gift Certificate' on the email and in the cpanel for sending out gift certificates. Any idea where to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Download button not showing

You say "latest version", but that's not very clear. Could you please identify the specific version number reported by your admin? (there is a version link in the upper right hand corner if your screen isn't shrunk down.)

As to the downloads... there are a number of potential reasons why a download link has not been made available.

You say that you've checked one aspect, that the files are indicated as being present as reported on the attributes manager? There's also a downloads manager that may shed some light on the actual status of the file's presence.

Some of the next things to review/identify: has the product actually been paid for or is it just a promise of payment?
    If it has been paid for, what are your settings in the configuration->attributes area?
    Two other things are somewhat "server" related. If you ftp to your directory structure and check the attributes for say your images directory and includes directory. What are the permission levels? I might expect them to be 0755. If so, then may I suggest that you make a small modification to the download's process where the permissions for linked files generates a link that is 0777. Now, here is where version designation makes a difference as the location of that edit has moved in ZC 1.5.6.

The other file related thing is if the htaccess file in your downloads directory supports your filetype for download. I thought pdf files were already supported. But... that doesn't mean that your files' extension is pdf. It may be PDF. If so, then need to make a decision about how you want to move forwards.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by KarenLR View Post
    I recently upgraded from 1.39 to the newest version. I've never done an update before so I was winging it for my first time. My site is sells pdf downloads. Most of it seems to be working well but the main problem is that when you place an order, the download button is no longer there. It's neither on the checkout success page nor available when you view your order on the account.

Since this is the only thing I sell, this is a problem. Everything in the attribute settings for each product is still correct, it still shows the files are attached. It just won't allow customer's to download.

I have my main site down for maintenance, but I do have a test site that I use that I did the same update on and it does the same thing.
    http://www.aostest.dreamhosters.com/

I guess I didn't test it out completely before I upgraded the real thing! But I've had my site down for a few months anyway so I wasn't concerned with having it offline.

Any suggestions on what to look for?

Also, when sending out gift certificates, etc, it's showing TEXT_GV_NAME instead of 'Gift Certificate' on the email and in the cpanel for sending out gift certificates. Any idea where to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

This can happen when a 1.39 - 1.5x site upgrade has not been completed correctly

- Missing language files cause the source defined names to appear TEXT_GV_NAME

- Finding an error in the /logs folder should point directly at the problem with downloads as there are only a handful of problems you could have with this function. And, when there are problems there are a number of on-screen errors or logged errors which should appear.

Alternately, on a vanilla/stock Zen Cart site you could trace the button code you will find there are very few files that could be missing or corrupt/coded incorrectly as the function for making that download button appear is quite simple.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

I am now running 1.5.6a, I just downloaded it over the weekend.

I've checked the attributes and also the files in the downloads manager. All have the green light.

The patterns were paid for, both by credit card and also by gift certificate. Neither provided the download link.

As far as the settings goes, they are the same settings I've been using for years. I've ran my site for a long time before I upgraded. I had no problems with any of the file structures or settings or htaccess file before I updated.

This problem only started after the update. So I was

I was hoping either there's a setting somewhere that is new or perhaps something in one of my old files that I transfered over is screwing with something. I was hoping something would stand out so someone because I can't figure it out myself.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post

This can happen when a 1.39 - 1.5x site upgrade has not been completed correctly

- Missing language files cause the source defined names to appear TEXT_GV_NAME

- Finding an error in the /logs folder should point directly at the problem with downloads as there are only a handful of problems you could have with this function. And, when there are problems there are a number of on-screen errors or logged errors which should appear.

Alternately, on a vanilla/stock Zen Cart site you could trace the button code you will find there are very few files that could be missing or corrupt/coded incorrectly as the function for making that download button appear is quite simple.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take a look at the log files and see what I can find out about the button code. I have, of course, kept a copy of the vanilla files. :)

Plugin Contributions

Have you checked the order status in admin?

If you manually change the status to each status position, then test each one by refreshing the My Account > View Order page you should see the Download Button displayed in at least one of the status positions.

Or get an error on-screen or in the /logs folder.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by KarenLR View Post
    ... the main problem is that when you place an order, the download button is no longer there. It's neither on the checkout success page nor available when you view your order on the account.
    Can you try this with the default template (template_default) selected in admin-tools-template selection? You didn't mention which template you are using.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Just verified working on 1.5.6a, using responsive_classic template.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Just verified working on 1.5.6a, using responsive_classic template.
    Actually, I tried it with the both the templates that came with the download. It's the same with all of them. The difference on mine from yours is that it says the file size is unknown and it also seems to be cut off right after the column for remaining. Like it's out of room. Maybe the download button is there but can't be seen?

Plugin Contributions

can you go to admin->catalog->downloads manager and be sure all your downloads have a green light?
    Also in includes/configure.php did you reset DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD ? Is the folder still there on your server if so?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast