Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default TEXT_GV_NAME problem

    I'm upgrading my site and I've come across a problem that I cannot figure out. When I go into the Mail Gift Certificate area of the cpanel, I see the TEXT_GV_NAME instead of the 'Gift Certificate'. It's in the panel and in the emails that get sent out about the gift certificates. It works everywhere else that I've seen on the site (faq, etc).

    At first I thought it was some overrides I did on previous versions that was causing the problem but I noticed it also happened when I switched to the templates that came with the download. I then created a new test store front and did a clean "vanilla" install instead of an upgrade and it has the same thing. So, am I missing a setting somewhere in the cpanel that I just can't find?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    N of San Antonio TX
    Posts
    7,356
    Plugin Contributions
    8

    Default Re: TEXT_GV_NAME problem

    Whenever you see something in all caps with underlines, it pretty much means a variable has not been defined or improperly defined.

    Use the developers tool kit to search for TEXT_GV_NAME. If it doesn't come up, you're missing a file. If several come up, look for the file that has the define.

    Make sure there is something between the single quotes and that both of them are there.

    Should look like
    Code:
    Line # 75 :   define('TEXT_GV_NAME','Gift Certificate'); 
    and can be in includes/languages/english.php or includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/english.php
    Did you read the posting tips?!?
    Responsive Color Changes for 155-156c demo here.
    Zen Cart PCI Compatible Hosting

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    1,468
    Plugin Contributions
    2

    Default Re: TEXT_GV_NAME problem

    Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Whenever you see something in all caps with underlines, it pretty much means a variable has not been defined or improperly defined.

    Use the developers tool kit to search for TEXT_GV_NAME. If it doesn't come up, you're missing a file. If several come up, look for the file that has the define.

    Make sure there is something between the single quotes and that both of them are there.

    Should look like
    Code:
    Line # 75 :   define('TEXT_GV_NAME','Gift Certificate'); 
    and can be in includes/languages/english.php or includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/english.php
    while this post has some good information, i'm sorry, this is wrong.

    the image is from the admin side. so the templates directory is out.

    the stock v156 has the var defined in:

    YOUR_ADMIN/includes/languages/english.php

    around line 81 (i have not checked v156a).

    i would do a compare on your file and the stock file from v156.

    best.
    practice #socialdistancing NOW! #staythefawayfromme
    email is hard....
    help out with the green....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    6,823
    Plugin Contributions
    94

    Default Re: TEXT_GV_NAME problem

    Quote Originally Posted by KarenLR View Post
    When I go into the Mail Gift Certificate area of the cpanel, I see the TEXT_GV_NAME instead of the 'Gift Certificate'.
    Just to be clear: this is the Mail Gift Certificate area of your Zen Cart admin (Admin->Discounts->Mail Gift Certificates) - not your CPanel.

    You have found a bug in Zen Cart 1.5.6! The inclusion order has been modified and that broke some things.

    PR coming shortly.
    That Software Guy, Plugin Moderator. Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Contributions: Quantity Discounts, Better Together, SMS on Sale, Gift Wrap at Checkout, and more.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    6,823
    Plugin Contributions
    94

    Default Re: TEXT_GV_NAME problem

    That Software Guy, Plugin Moderator. Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Contributions: Quantity Discounts, Better Together, SMS on Sale, Gift Wrap at Checkout, and more.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: TEXT_GV_NAME problem

    Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Just to be clear: this is the Mail Gift Certificate area of your Zen Cart admin (Admin->Discounts->Mail Gift Certificates) - not your CPanel.

    You have found a bug in Zen Cart 1.5.6! The inclusion order has been modified and that broke some things.

    PR coming shortly.
    Thank you again for the help! First you helped with my download button problem and now this! I have been comparing files, searching the forum, switching things around and pulling my hair out for days! It wasn't until I set up a new site and went directly to the gift certificate area without touching a thing that I decided maybe it wasn't something I did! Whew! hahaha

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16 Apr 2012, 08:05 PM
  2. UPS xml problem. Anybody else have this problem?
    By FrantzArt in forum Addon Shipping Modules
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2 Mar 2012, 11:10 PM
  3. Download Link Problem & Gift Card Problem too...
    By Miss Tiina in forum General Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14 Mar 2009, 03:58 PM
  4. Customer said had problem creating account-dob problem
    By wtashby in forum General Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 1 Sep 2008, 11:38 AM
  5. Problem with Navigation In IE below 7.0! Minor Problem, need help!
    By bajanboost in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 6 Aug 2007, 04:09 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR