Plugin Contributions

Default Unable to login to administrator immediately followng install

Hi,

I'm installing ZenCart for a friend on a temporary domain - he's moving to a new host, and with it a new ecommerce solution, as of Feb 1. I use ZenCart myself on my own web site (though I didn't install it back then), and am reasonably technical so I figured I could get through this by just following online instructions. Everything went fine with the install up to the point where I was asked to create the admin account, which I did. After this, I got a page giving me the admin backend and store front URLs. I clicked on the admin backend one to login and begin setting things up. But when I try to login, it says the username or password is wrong, and I'm stuck there.

I don't know why - I wrote down exactly the username I created and the password it auto-generated. I did delete the zc install folder as requested; I've got a mySQL DB setup and appropriately set all the folder permissions in FTP before running the installer. I tried the "forgot password" link and entered the email address I put in for the admin user, and it doesn't even send me an email to reset - done it two or three times now, no email. It's almost as if it ignored everything I typed in regarding the username and email address, which leaves me wondering how I'm supposed to login now!

Help would be much appreciated, at the moment I am stuck and facing a deadline.

Storefront URL is here: http://box5636.temp.domains/~darksymp/shop/
    ZenCart version is the latest one (1.5.6a, just downloaded today)
    No installed plugins yet since I can't get into the administrator. I loaded in the USPS shipping module and a template via FTP, that's all I've done so far.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to login to administrator immediately followng install

Never mind! This thread can be closed, I was able to force a new admin account in using this advice and the host's phpMyAdmin: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...rd-(i-lost-it)