Plugin Contributions

Default Is it a difference between 1.5.5f and 1.5.6?

This is just driving me crazy that I can't seem to figure out what's going on. There should be no real difference between the responsive_classic stylesheets of 1.5.5f and 1.5.6a BUT....

If you take a side by side look at https://poolcuesexpress.com/155f/ind...oducts_id=1154 and https://poolcuesexpress.com/156a/ind...oducts_id=1154, they really apppear to be the same other than two things.

First, of course is the colors. But, the main thing is the description starting with
    The Predator Ikon3-3 pool cue has a curly Maple forearm and ######## sleeve. The forearm has black, Micarta, and Abalone points as well as brilliant Abalone points highlighted with Micarta and surrounded with a black ribbon design.
    In the 1.5.5f version, the description is tucked snugly under the added images of the pool cue. In the 1.5.6a version, they are not.

The only difference that I can find is the #product-info-top call in the stylesheet. I cannot find ANY call that determines or sets the height of #product-info-top. However, in the 1.5.6a version, the div somehow gets defined to be some 628 pixels high! However, on the 1.5.5f version, the product-info-top only encompasses the product title and is merely 26 pixels in height.

The kicker is that they both appear correct on an iPhone 6plus in portrait.

I've run so many different comparison tests that my head is swimming.

Any ideas greatly appreciated as the sites are running the same PHP with identical mods.
    Last edited by dbltoe; 21 Jan 2019 at 04:39 PM. Reason: crazy auto spell checker

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is it a difference between 1.5.5f and 1.5.6a

Hi dbltoe,
    Try adding to your stylesheet.css line 377 #productDescription{clear:both;}
    Regards raptar

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is it a difference between 1.5.5f and 1.5.6a

raptar,

Thanx for the assistance but it did not do the trick as there are already hard-coded clear calls.

It's funny how you get immersed so deep in something that you lose the ability to think from time to time.

I had SO many things on my plate today with doctors appointments, lunch with friends who were off today, and early birthday celebration for the wife that I decided to just throw it out there to see if anyone had any thoughts.

Being a stickler for letting folks know what might be needed to recreate the problem, I quickly mapped out the problem as the wife was finishing up getting ready to leave. When I was typing
    The only difference that I can find is the #product-info-top call in the stylesheet. I cannot find ANY call that determines or sets the height of #product-info-top. However, in the 1.5.6a version, the div somehow gets defined to be some 628 pixels high! However, on the 1.5.5f version, the product-info-top only encompasses the product title and is merely 26 pixels in height.
    it struck a chord.

About halfway up our 187' driveway on the way to the first appointment, it hit me. If there's no call telling a div how tall, wide, etc it needs to be; it will adjust automatically to what is placed inside itself..

What I had forgotten I'd done on the 155f version was to move the closing #prod-info-top div to the end of the #productName and before the start of the #pinfo-left. This meant the only thing inside the #prod-info-top was the h1 #productName.

That caused everything to then work just as I wanted in the first place.

I hate bloated code, but I guess this is one of those cases where I should have left a little note.