Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading v155 ti 156 - stuck on "Admin Credentials"

Yup! I did that moments after I was able to finish the database upgrade and log in with my real id. Good reminder for others though! :)
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    @Ellie, just in case it's not obvious, do be sure to go and delete that extra admin user if it's no longer needed. You can do that from within your Admin panel (no need to go to phpMyAdmin).
    mgsgift.com
    Linux
    PHP 7.0.33
    My SQL 5.6.43
    Upgrading from 1.5.0 to 1.5.6b

I have been experiencing the same exact problems all day long that others have mentioned above. I was even able to reset the user/password to Admin/admin BUT that didn't work for me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	admin_reset.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	18487
    Maybe different than what others were trying to do: I am trying to UPGRADE a 1.5.0 MySQL database (Dr Byte) backup ON A FRESH INSTALL OF 1.5.6b.
    The database I am trying to upgrade is mgs10000_zc2. (Fresh 1.5.6b runs on a fresh and yet empty database mgs10000_zc1 with no products customers etc- I have no problems to login to that admin panel). The old database zc2 has a lot of tables, thousands of products and a lot of customers/orders on it. I have updated both store and admin configure.php s to the mgs10000_zc2 credentials and run zc_install. Everything went well until admin credentials were requested. I am 100% sure what they are as I was able to login with them past 90 days including this morning (yes I have # in my password). I don't know anything else to do from now except build the whole site from ground up. I have an entire backup of my 1.5.0 home dir. and csv catalog exports and that 1.5.0 MySQL backup sitting there with no use. It would great if the database upgrade page had a "forgot your password?" option

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated!!

Plugin Contributions

Did admin credentials have a "special character"? Ie. One that would be escaped if it were sent through sanitization such as htmlspecialchars.

After applying the database, you could use the sql from the below FAQ as applicable for ZC 1.5.0 and then apply those credentials when asked as part of the upgrade: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Did admin credentials have a "special character"? Ie. One that would be escaped if it were sent through sanitization such as htmlspecialchars.

After applying the database, you could use the sql from the below FAQ as applicable for ZC 1.5.0 and then apply those credentials when asked as part of the upgrade: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44
    Thank you for your reply. My admin username is just upper/lower case letters. My admin password ends in "......#47" dots are upper/lower case letters. Yes there's a pound sign before 47.

"that would be escaped if it were sent through sanitization such as htmlspecialchars. " I don't really know what that means.

I have added another super user (Admin/admin) by running the query at: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44 which didn't work for me. My host support also recommended to try Admin/Admin . no luck with that either.

My next course of action is to wipe off everything (my 1.5.0 store with unfinished 1.5.6b upgrade on it) and upload my 1.5.0 home directory files from my backup and set configure.php files to run on my 1.5.0 database (mgs10000_zc2) where I have my customers, orders and catalog etc. . One thing I am quite certain about is that my 1.5.0 database backup would certainly work properly on zencart 1.5.0. I will reset password to a clean string (just letters and numbers), get a new sql backup both through Dr. Byte's backup and cpanel export with no hassle password on it. Then make a copy of my live store to test folder and try to upgrade to 1.5.6b there and see if that works this way. Take my note and apply the same process to live store.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Make sure you are properly using the prefix of zen_ when entering data.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Make sure you are properly using the prefix of zen_ when entering data.

Thank you dbltoe

Does everything seem alright here?

Name:	configuresboth.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	18491

Plugin Contributions

What I'm seeing in the attachment is an indication that the two configure.php files were created separately rather than at the same time with the same upgrade/install process. Otherwise, both would have the Zen_ prefix and the db_charset would be a match.

Did you follow the method for upgrade that's found at https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading?

We don't recommend doing an upgrade any other way. And make sure you are using the VERY latest version of Zen Cart. 1.5.6b has an older AND newer version.

Plugin Contributions

What I'm seeing in the attachment is an indication that the two configure.php files were created separately rather than at the same time with the same upgrade/install process. Otherwise, both would have the Zen_ prefix and the db_charset would be a match.

Did you follow the method for upgrade that's found at https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading?

We don't recommend doing an upgrade any other way. And make sure you are using the VERY latest version of Zen Cart. 1.5.6b has an older AND newer version.
    Regretfully No, I did not! I wanted to upgrade on live site with faith that if anything goes wrong I would just run my backup (php and mysql). (btw it never did with my several other upgarades on other sites)
    All went well with the first attempt BUT home page and the admin panel were broken and acting up. Things weren't looking good so I went back and picked "fresh install" on zc_install process this time. (Which I regret a lot now. Most probably fixing layout issues would be an easier path now)

Anyway back to the admin credentials issue during zc_install upgrade:
    Adding the zen_ prefix and charset to my store configure.php and matching it with the admin configure.php SOLVED my admin credentials problem and I was able to upgrade the database (mgs10000_zc2) to 1.5.6b . I got a successful update message. Deleted the zc_install folder and logged to my new 1.5.6b admin panel. So far so good EXCEPT it's a fresh database now with no history (no customer, orders, catalog etc.) .. Also tools/Layout Boxes Controller is not working (WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.) and I cannot disable "Website maintenance" (www.mgsgift.com) and I can only see the header on home page. Now that Layout Box Control is not working in tools I don't know how to fix that.

(mgs10000_zc1) is fresh database with no tables in it. I have created it just for test purposes.

(mgs10000_zc2) is where I have all my history and I would like to think that's the active database on my site as I put its credential in both configure files.
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'mgs10000_zc2');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'mgs10000_zc2');

When no products and customers/orders popped up in my admin panel after the database upgrade of (mgs10000_zc2) I wanted to put that to test and get a MySql backup through Dr Byte's backup in tools. To my great surprise it generated a (mgs10000_zc1) backup.

Name:	mysql_backup-06-09-19.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	18492

Any clue?

Plugin Contributions

SOLVED!

Turns out we had different versions of configure.php files (most probably forgotten during a 1.3.9 to 1.5.0 upgrade) with un-matching database prefixes and charsets. ('zen_' vs blank and "utf8" vs utf8mb4)

Admin/includes/configure.php
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'zen_'); WAS BLANK in store copy (NOW 'zen_' )
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8'); WAS "utf8mb4" in store copy (NOW 'utf8')
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'mgs10000_zc2');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'mgs10000_zc2');

On a side note: resetting admin credentials to Admin/admin never worked for me. I was able to login with my old username and password although there was a pound sign "#" in it. I have deleted Admin/admin account now.

Thank you for all your contributions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12