Plugin Contributions

Default Admin | Catalog | Categories/ Products status qty etc fields are hidden

ZC156a In Admin | Catalog | Categories/ Products status the model, price, qty, status, sort headings and values are hidden by styles when the screen is still wide enough to display the data. This is output from the file admin\category_product_listing.php

The style "hidden-md" makes the data invisible at a screen width less than 992px. The data can still be displayed correctly down to a width of 880px.

I recommend removing the style "hidden-md" from lines approx 583 onwards where you need to see the data in a smaller window.
    Example of screen width 992px with "hidden-md" removed.
    Attachment 18296

Using a stylesheet override is difficult as there does not appear to be anything to override or revert the style {display: none;}

Always make changes in a test system first, save a copy and mark your changes.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin | Catalog | Categories/ Products status qty etc fields are hidden

You think so too?

I've been toying with the idea of an additional switch to disable that hidden css class, but besides that it adds another control for someone to find, I'm not so sure there is a sensible place to put something like that yet.

It toys with things as well, for example if you have that view of not seeing the number of product in the category and you select to disable a category, there is no additional information provided about how many product would be affected. (I was going to work on a PR for that.)

Overall managing from a mobile becomes more difficult with the reduced information rather than easier.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin | Catalog | Categories/ Products status qty etc fields are hidden

I have removed all the hidden-md styles from Al my installations, as they hide the items to soon IMO..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    I have removed all the hidden-md styles from Al my installations, as they hide the items to soon IMO..
    And here I was incorrectly thinking that those had been part of a design proposed by you. I would say I have been corrected. :)

Btw, the "opposite" of the display:none would be whatever your default browser settings are for that type of tag, but could also play around in your browser by pressing F12 (on a Windows machine) and then trying different display type options. Could then find the media option in the css, remove the display:none from there and apply it to another existing media size or create one.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I override the hidden-md class like this,

@media (min-width: 880px){
    th.hidden-md, td.hidden-md {
    display: table-cell !important;
    }
    }

Plugin Contributions

I didn't know of the existence of these classes until someone added them to 1.5.a.
    It would have saved me a lot of hoop jumping and head breaking had i known about them
    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    And here I was incorrectly thinking that those had been part of a design proposed by you. I would say I have been corrected. :)

Btw, the "opposite" of the display:none would be whatever your default browser settings are for that type of tag, but could also play around in your browser by pressing F12 (on a Windows machine) and then trying different display type options. Could then find the media option in the css, remove the display:none from there and apply it to another existing media size or create one.

Plugin Contributions

It toys with things as well, for example if you have that view of not seeing the number of product in the category and you select to disable a category, there is no additional information provided about how many product would be affected. (I was going to work on a PR for that.)
    The warning message appears on the very right of the page if your window is wide enough or moves to the very bottom if the window narrows.

It took me a while to locate it.