Plugin Contributions

Default Stylesheet Question

When installing plugins or looking at threads I often see people talking about their stylesheet.css file. I don't have one I have stylesheet_custom.css which I assume is the same. Are you meant to just have one stylesheet that has them all in, as currently i have 12 files in my css file.

Do I merge them or leave it as it is?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stylesheet Question

Probably it's the same they are referring to.
    Zencart will look at your template css / js folders, and load the stylesheets if they have a prefix stylesheet_
    This is very useful if you want to load a specific css file on a page, or category, etc... for example, why load the products page css on listing and vice-versa? ( there's a css readme that explains that).
    However this is not mandatory if you specify in you <head> the link to your stylesheet.

In fact the proper way (so they say) is to compact all those files into one .css file. ( same with js files usually on the footer).
    So, you can choose what's best.
    I actually use both. For some pages I use the zencart loader, but the main one the covers most of the site is just one big file with a version, because, when you change some css / js stuff, it will be cached in the users browser. So naming it to my_style-v01.css , my_style-v02.css etc, will force the browser to render the new content.
    “Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” ― Bill Mollison