Plugin Contributions

cart error Change Shipping Address During Checkout

I am new to both Zen-Cart and PHP. Our customers occasionally want to change shipping addresses during the checkout so they're the ones billed, but the product goes elsewhere. From Checkout, Step 1 of 4, when they select "Change Address" and input the new shipping information, instead of proceeding the fields are reset and the page seems to refresh. I've scoured the forum for a resolution but no such luck so far. We do use the UPS shipping module.

The site URL is: s t o r e . f o r e v e r p e t s . c o m - our ZC version is v1.5.1, and PHP version is 5.6.39. I don't believe we use any plugins.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change Shipping Address During Checkout

When you say "the fields are cleared" what field(s)?

Generally speaking, the actions that occur sound "normal" but obviously something is not going right.

Yes, after the new shipping address is selected, the page is expected to refresh. If the change of the destination address has modified the shipping options, the selected option may get modified. There are a few changes incorporated in more recent versions that correct some conditions where a selection wasn't made.

Ideally the store would be upgraded to more formally address the issue and to ensure the security of the site information. It is also possible that the use of php 5.6 with ZC 1.5.1 could be part of the issue, but I would say that it would be difficult now for me to even prove that as I don't have ready access to php versions below 7.x without setting up a local server with it.

Anyways, if you could more specifically explain the undesirable action and what is expected to occur then perhaps the problem can more readily be addressed.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your assistance, mc. The fields I'm referring to are the ones with the new shipping information at index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping_address. First name, last name, company name, street address, city, state, zip code, and country.

I had it in the back of my mind that we would need to update the store version. I will take care of that soon.

The undesirable action is that while trying to change the shipping address during checkout, the address doesn't seem to remain nor does the checkout proceed after you fill in the new shipping information and select "Continue." What I believe should occur is the new shipping information is retained and the checkout proceeds to the payment information portion. Keep in mind this only occurs when someone wants to bill to one address and ship to another. Our customers are all logged in to make purchases and their accounts have primary addresses. Also, the address book has a maximum of 15 entries and I haven't seen any customers even near that number.

Plugin Contributions

As described, the desired state would be the expected operation.

Arrive at checkout_shipping page. Data populated with the customer's default address.
    Go to change the ship-to address. Select an existing address book option, add one, or return without changes made.
    Return to checkout_shipping page with new/existing ship to address populated.
    Select/verify selected the shipping method.
    Carry on to checkout_payment or whatever page is then displayed, the payment/billing address may need to be modified, but should stick as the billing address once selected.

I seem to recall that there were some issues with the shipping method selection possibly changing or not being selected after that, but don't seem to recall issues with the destination address in that version of ZC.

Plugin Contributions

That sounds about correct with one exception:

"Go to change the ship-to address. Select an existing address book option, add one, or return without changes made."

The option to select a different shipping address from the address book is on the shopping_cart page. Customers can add the alternate shipping address to their address book, navigate back to the shopping_cart page, and then select the new shipping address from a drop down menu. Unfortunately this isn't a workaround for me because it only complicates matters for the majority of our customers due to age/technical expertise.

One other thing I've noticed is the State field doesn't seem to be displaying correctly (text missing/screenshot below)
    Name:  missingState.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  25.3 KB
    However, if you select "Continue" without entering a State it will throw an error at you and not allow you to advance.
    Last edited by tonyrosenow; 6 Feb 2019 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Formatting

Plugin Contributions

Umm, in a default install of ZC, the only address related items on the shopping_cart page is where one can estimate the shipping amount based on the items in the cart and the potential destination. If there is some other address option on the shopping_cart page, then I would suggest looking into what it does, how it does it, and why it is not working as expected. Further that the change shipping address window that appears when clicking on the button at the checkout_shipping page tends to be the same as when selected from other locations, though a default ZC install only offers a second location at the checkout_confirmation page and only if "permitted" by admin settings.

Further, in a default install, when navigating to the change address section/area, additional addresses already associated with the customer are presented with radio buttons instead of a dropdown. This indicates that there has been a modification away from the default install either by directly modifying a template file or by installation of a template (install may have been a carry-over from a previous version). In either case, may I suggest temporarily changing to the classic template and stepping through these problem areas to see if the issue persists?

If it does, then would suggest comparing the store to a default install of that version of ZC to see what has been changed and/or added that may be causing this issue.

As to the empty state "title", well seems that some define (would have to look up what is expected in a default install) in the english language section has been modified to be a set of empty quotes instead of a title; javascript is being used to modify it awaiting some other selection to determine whether it should be state, province or some other term; or in the configuration/setup of the template, no identifier was placed there for viewing. Perhaps there is some other condition, but those are the ones that come to mind.