Thread: 360 view addon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default 360 view addon

I got my 360 view refined and 'zenned'.

I have submitted it for approval.

If you just add it to your store and select YOUR_360_TEMPLATE then add the included sample to your product catalog, it will run as is on a barebones template. As with all, just rename YOUR_360_TEMPLATE to your custom template if you decide that you would like to use it in your store.

Hope someone enjoys!
    Last edited by IATIA; 8 Feb 2019 at 05:18 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 360 view addon

I have updated the plug-in for responsive image sizing or user custom size. It defaults to responsive. The ver 1.0 shows as "file not found", but ver 1.1 is the one you want. I have also included a mod for earlier 1.5.5x.

Plugin Contributions

hi I just installed your add-on, because I like the 360 idea an wanted to try it out. But I ran into some problems, and I can not seem to get this working.

I copied all the files to my site and read all the instructions, which are IMHO very confusing with all the upper vs lowercase and "space" vs "underscore" talk. I have no clue what you are trying to tell in point 10 of adding a product.

For starters I thought to take an easy approach, and just rename one of the demo products to "Toy CAT" and add the link in the description. but when I view the product, the link does not show.

Am I doing something wrong?

Plugin Contributions

So it was me doing something wrong. I missed the part where you stated to put the link at the end of the description.
    And as expected the link showed up just fine.
    Although I like the basic idea of this mod, I think it is a bit to labour intensive and not very easy to use if you need to add a lot of products. Some form of automation will be needed. Maybe a back end page.
    But like I said it works and I appreciate your effort of making this possible.

Plugin Contributions

Once it is setup, for a new product:

1. Add the pics - gotta do that for any product
    2. Add to the catalog - gotta do that for any product
    3. The only addition is the definitions file.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    I have no clue what you are trying to tell in point 10 of adding a product.
    Point 10 - The naming convention;

The plug-in has to match the catalog product with the folder location. To do that, I compare the names by changing the 360 folder to lowercase with underscores to match the product file.

1. Your new 360 product
    2. YOUR NEW 360 PRODUCT
    3. Your_new_360_product
    4. YOUR_NEW_360_PRODUCT
    5. YoUr_NeW_360_PrOdUcT
    6. YoUr NeW 360 PrOdUcT

All of the above can be changed by the plug-in to your_new_360_product.php via >$match = strtolower(str_replace(" ", "_", FOLDER_TITLE_360)) . ".php"< then matched. The idea was to get across the idea of what to name the 360 product folder so that the script could render a match to the actual product definitions file.

I used to have a friend of mine (who has unfortunately passed on) follow my instructions and as he was computer illiterate, it was easy to debug that way. I always understand what is in my head and sometimes I have presentation difficulties.

Plugin Contributions

I should add, for those with running stores, your products are already set in play.

To add a 360 view to an existing product, let's say 57 Chevy;

Add your photos (_00001.PNG, _00002.PNG, _00003.PNG, _000xx.PNG) to YOUR_STORE/images/360/57 Chevy. This folder MUST match the Products Name you setup in Admin --> Categories / Products and will be used for the definitions file.

Build a definitions file 57_chevy.php.
    This must be named the same as the folder (but, with lowercase and underscores replacing spaces) and put it in YOUR_STORE/ includes/languages/English/YOUR_TEMPLATE/

Code:
    // Definitions file for 57 Chevy
      define('NAVBAR_TITLE', '57 Chevy'); //<-- whatever navbar/breadcrumb name you want
      define('HEADING_TITLE', '57 Chevy'); //<-- whatever you want for the heading of the page
      define('FOLDER_TITLE', '57 Chevy'); //<-- this is the 360 folder title where the _00001.PNG etc. are located.
      define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Click or Drag the Picture'); //<-- anything you want here including nothing

// set to -1 for responsive size (default)
      // set to 0 for actual size
      // or set custom width
      // height will be from original w/h ratio
      define('CUSTOM_WIDTH', '-1'); //<-- this is the default setting which works well with mobile devices
    Add <!--|360 view|--> to the end of your description, where "360 view" is whatever you want the link text to be.
    The tags are important <!--| |--> as that is what makes everything work.

To turn off the 360 viewing, just remove <!--|360 view|--> from the description and it will be as though no 360 plugin was added. The plug-in looks for the tag when a single product is selected and if there is no tag, it does nothing.

Here is another one; 1870 Three Cent Nickel

1. These three names must be identical:
      1. Admin --> Categories / Products: 1870 Three Cent Nickel
      2. 360 folder: YOUR_STORE/images/360/1870 Three Cent Nickel
      3. FOLDER_TITLE: 1870 Three Cent Nickel

4. Add your photos (_00001.PNG, _00002.PNG, _00003.PNG, _000xx.PNG) to YOUR_STORE/images/360/1870 Three Cent Nickel.

5. Build your product definitions file and place it in
        YOUR_STORE/ includes/languages/English/YOUR_TEMPLATE/1870_three_cent_nickel.php
        1. Code:
            define('NAVBAR_TITLE', '1870 Three Cent Nickel');
            define('HEADING_TITLE', 'NAVBAR_TITLE');
            define('FOLDER_TITLE', 'NAVBAR_TITLE');
            define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Click or Drag the Picture');
            define('CUSTOM_WIDTH', '-1');
    2. Add <!--|360 view|--> to the end of your product description
    Last edited by IATIA; 22 Feb 2019 at 05:55 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I also use the 360 view for browsing a large catalog of items. I have 43 old PC games. Instead of cataloging each one, I put them in a 360 view. This gives me one entry in the catalog with the ability to view each individual one. I am playing around with adding a shopping cart to the 360 view for a large catalog like this.

Browsing

Plugin Contributions

Well, I am almost done with version 2.0. This will put a radio button in the Admin -> Catalog / Products menu for 360 view and create the image folder and the definitions file. In practice, all one need do is check that box and upload the 360 image batch and all is good to go. This mod required some extensive editing of a dozen or so admin files to add in the db column "product_is_360". Because of the major editing, it will be under debugging for a while, if I upload it at all.

For $50,000, I will even build you a robot to take the pictures, rename them and upload them for you.

Plugin Contributions

Still debugging. Added multi language capability also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast