Plugin Contributions

Default Email on Checkout

Hi - hoping someone can point me in the right direction to solve the following issue - I get "extra code" added to my checkout emails - so I've spent a lot of time trying to track down where the code is coming from - but no joy as yet...(using V.1.5.4)
    Here is a screenshot of the offending email - with the extra code showing...

Name:  Clipboard-1.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  101.3 KB

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email on Checkout

Hey Vinyl Signs,

There appears to be a break in the source code.

You could file compare a stock zen cart install with the following folders:
    admin/includes/languages/english/email_extras.php
    email/
    includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/email_extras.php

Let me know if you need more direction or any assistance. I have made a module that replaces the stock Zen Cart email folder and updates email text to improve functionality and compatibility with a newer broad range of devices.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity14 View Post
    Hey Vinyl Signs,

There appears to be a break in the source code.

You could file compare a stock zen cart install with the following folders:
    admin/includes/languages/english/email_extras.php
    email/
    includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/email_extras.php

Let me know if you need more direction or any assistance. I have made a module that replaces the stock Zen Cart email folder and updates email text to improve functionality and compatibility with a newer broad range of devices.
    Hi & thanks for the reply - I have spent quite some time trying to find the reason for this - I think I may now know what's causing it....(not 100% sure yet)
    I have been checking the "sent" emails in "E-mail Archive Manager" - and the added code was showing - when I check the actual email sent in an email client - the extra code is not showing - so I checked one of the "E-mail Archive Manager" php files and found that the following file "email_archive_manager.php" has several "str_replace" lines - like the following:

$html_content = str_replace('_div ','<div ',$html_content);

it seems these are causing the extra code - but as far as I can tell - only in the admin area - not in the actual "sent" email...

Plugin Contributions

I have E-mail Archive Manager installed on most of my carts also, and don't have the "extra code" I see displayed. Perhaps we can compare files if this is still an ongoing issue for you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity14 View Post
    I have E-mail Archive Manager installed on most of my carts also, and don't have the "extra code" I see displayed. Perhaps we can compare files if this is still an ongoing issue for you.
    Many Thanks - I am reasonably sure that the "extra code" is not showing in the "delivered" messages - that was my main concern - it looks very bad to have that happening with a message to a customer...
    It would appear to be code that is intentional in that mod - I can usually find bits of code by searching text to track down issues I'm having - but this was a bit more difficult - far as I can tell - it's that "str_replace" that is causing this - although I may well have other issues in the installation that cause me to see it - and you not !
    I don't want to waste any of your (or my) time - as long as the customer side is working...
    I'm more concerned that my install is still at 1.5.4 - (Cpanel install - which hasn't seen fit to update at the moment) - I don't have time (or inclination) to update it outside of the Cpanel setup - and it really doesn't produce enough sales to make it worthwhile paying to have it done - although I hope that changes (for the better) - I do realise the styling could do with a little modernisation - I've done as much as I can with alterations in the style sheets & my level of knowledge....always aware I might "break" it if I go too far...