Plugin Contributions

Default v1.5.4 MySQL compatibility

Hello,

Will ZC v1.5.4 work with MySQL 5.7?

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....1-5-4-Released! says MySQL 5.1 or higher, but

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...o-run-zen-cart says "Zen Cart v1.5.0 to v1.5.4 expects MySQL 5.1 to 5.5"

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: v1.5.4 MySQL compatibility

Yes it will. I run all my server on mysql 5.7, without a problem. It is by default a bit stricter, so it can give some errors on added modules, but mostly they are easy solved. Zen Cart core has no problem.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

While it will 'run', it will quite likely run into triggering many SQL errors.

If you're going to stick with the older ZC 1.5.4 then you should (have your host help you to) set your MySQL 5.7 into TRADITIONAL mode instead of strict modes for trans/zero-date/etc.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks chaps.

Couple of follow-ups DrByte please...

1. Obviously upgrading to the latest ZC is recommended, but just so I know, will these SQL errors also be triggered if server is upgraded to MySQL 5.6?

2. If I upgrade to the latest ZC and install the current db, and then upgrade MySQL, will there still be errors? To possibly confuse matters, the current db is latin1.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by arthurdent View Post
    but just so I know, will these SQL errors also be triggered if server is upgraded to MySQL 5.6?
    I honestly can't remember that far back. We've been working on newer versions of Zen Cart for years. The latest ZC version contains the latest code changes that we know of to provide maximum compatibility with current versions of PHP and MySQL software.

If I upgrade to the latest ZC and install the current db, and then upgrade MySQL, will there still be errors?
    As long as your "upgrade to the latest ZC" includes upgrading your "current" db to match the latest ZC, as explained in the upgrade instructions, you'll have the lowest possibility of errors.

To possibly confuse matters, the current db is latin1.
    Zen Cart has been using utf8 as default since v1.5.0. Best to also convert your data. See http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...8859-1-to-utf8 for instructions (which can be done on any 1.5.x site, whether you upgrade to 1.5.6 or not).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Doctor B.