Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    N of San Antonio TX
    Posts
    7,357
    Plugin Contributions
    8

    Default Re: Template Fluorspar

    Changing core files can be a problem during future upgrades if not meticulously documented. There are so many other options that don't require the modification of a core file.

    The first that comes to mind in this instance is the use of a stylesheet to do a display:none where you do not want them to appear. Conversely, when needed again, simply change the stylesheet.

    There are specific methods to do this and they are laid out in the CSS_read_me.txt of either the template_default or responsive_classic CSS folder.

    Remember that, often what is important for the customer to have, is not considered by the developer/owner. For example, as a customer, I would find it VERY helpful to be able to see other categories I might be interested in shopping for while in the shopping cart.
    Last edited by dbltoe; 3 Dec 2019 at 06:21 PM.
    Did you read the posting tips?!?
    Responsive Color Changes for 155-156c demo here.
    Zen Cart PCI Compatible Hosting

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Ramat Gan, Israel
    Posts
    35
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Template Fluorspar

    Beautiful! I have just changed home page for "false". Exactly what I needed. Thank you.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Ramat Gan, Israel
    Posts
    35
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Template Fluorspar

    Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Remember that, often what is important for the customer to have, is not considered by the developer/owner. For example, as a customer, I would find it VERY helpful to be able to see other categories I might be interested in shopping for while in the shopping cart.
    I don't know. In this particular case you have got mega menu drop-down right above you cart or whatever page you are on. The template is good. Isn't it? I personally do not see better choice on a budget around.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    16
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: Template Fluorspar

    Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Changing core files can be a problem during future upgrades if not meticulously documented. There are so many other options that don't require the modification of a core file.

    The first that comes to mind in this instance is the use of a stylesheet to do a display:none where you do not want them to appear. Conversely, when needed again, simply change the stylesheet.

    There are specific methods to do this and they are laid out in the CSS_read_me.txt of either the template_default or responsive_classic CSS folder.
    dbltoe your comments are always appreciated however your attitude to 'display:none' seems to be a bit fickle, earlier on in this thread you were decrying it's usage and now you are advocating it. https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ne#post1359475
    Your suggested method of using CSS does require the creation of more CSS files, this has an impact on page rendering (albeit small) and should be avoided.

    I do not regard the file 'includes/templates/fluorspar/common/tpl_main_page.php' as a core file as it is part of the Fluorspar template and is therefore an 'override' file.
    Modifying these files is part of the 'override system' and is the esscence of the Zen Cart open source project. It would be impossible to design a new template if you were unable to change these files.
    Zen Cart v1.5.6c file :- includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php
    contains this code :-
    Code:
    // the following IF statement can be duplicated/modified as needed to set additional flags
      if (in_array($current_page_base,explode(",",'list_pages_to_skip_all_right_sideboxes_on_here,separated_by_commas,and_no_spaces')) ) {
        $flag_disable_right = true;
      }
    This must endorse my method as being acceptable and probably better than creating more CSS files.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    16
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: Template Fluorspar

    Quote Originally Posted by Ingar View Post
    I don't know. In this particular case you have got mega menu drop-down right above you cart or whatever page you are on. The template is good. Isn't it? I personally do not see better choice on a budget around.
    Thanks Ingar, your appreciation is appreciated.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    36
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Template Fluorspar

    I have a small issue with getting 2 items to show on the product page. One is CrossSell and the other is alsoPurchased. Both of these show when I view page source with the right details/information, but neither show on the actual page. I've been trying to figure this out for days and nothing I do helps, they do/did both work fine on a previous template and work on the default 156c template. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    16
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: Template Fluorspar

    Quote Originally Posted by SStreich View Post
    I have a small issue with getting 2 items to show on the product page. One is CrossSell and the other is alsoPurchased. Both of these show when I view page source with the right details/information, but neither show on the actual page. I've been trying to figure this out for days and nothing I do helps, they do/did both work fine on a previous template and work on the default 156c template. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for pointing this out. I have discovered an error in :-

    includes/templates/fluorspar/css/stylesheet.css

    open the file and delete this rule found near the top :-

    .centerBoxWrapper {display:none}

    Please note that CrossSell and Fluorspar are plugins that have modified versions of the same file which need to be merged :-

    includes/templates/fluorspar/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php

    If you have not already done so, use the version from Fluorspar and insert these lines near bottom of file after :- <!--eof Product URL -->

    Code:
    <!--bof xsell module -->
    <?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_xsell_products.php', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/' . 'tpl_modules_xsell_products.php'); ?>
    <!--eof xsell module -->
    I am assuming you are using cross_sell_advanced_plus_combo_1.5

    Regards Peejay

    http://zenofobe.com

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    36
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Template Fluorspar

    Quote Originally Posted by peejay View Post
    Thanks for pointing this out. I have discovered an error in :-

    includes/templates/fluorspar/css/stylesheet.css

    open the file and delete this rule found near the top :-

    .centerBoxWrapper {display:none}

    Please note that CrossSell and Fluorspar are plugins that have modified versions of the same file which need to be merged :-

    includes/templates/fluorspar/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php

    If you have not already done so, use the version from Fluorspar and insert these lines near bottom of file after :- <!--eof Product URL -->

    Code:
    <!--bof xsell module -->
    <?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_xsell_products.php', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/' . 'tpl_modules_xsell_products.php'); ?>
    <!--eof xsell module -->
    I am assuming you are using cross_sell_advanced_plus_combo_1.5

    Regards Peejay

    http://zenofobe.com
    Thank you Peejay
    That was the problem. I figured that line was the the issue and had already played with it, but not correctly. Instead of removing the whole line I only removed the "display:none", which of course wasn't the correct way to do it. Works just as expected now.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    108
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Template Fluorspar

    i am getting this error after i sign into my admin.. the only thing I added was this template. I don't which file it is.. anyone out there can help me. I really love the look of this but need my admin.

    i can get to the main admin page but i get the error when i try to go anywhere on page.


    WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    My Multi_Site Zen Carts
    http://herasonlinemarket.com

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    169
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: Template Fluorspar

    Quote Originally Posted by noppie View Post
    i am getting this error after i sign into my admin.. the only thing I added was this template. I don't which file it is.. anyone out there can help me. I really love the look of this but need my admin.

    i can get to the main admin page but i get the error when i try to go anywhere on page.


    WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    If you look in your logs directory in your shopping cart home directory you should see a file like this myDEBUG-adm-yyyymmdd-hhmmss-xxxxxx.log this will contain more detail as to why the page is crashing.
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

 

 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. theme277 from template monster and replacing with new template
    By DarkAngel in forum General Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8 Nov 2012, 07:17 AM
  2. Can't seem to get template on the admin/tools/template selection
    By avmejias in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19 Aug 2012, 07:39 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29 Apr 2011, 07:53 PM
  4. Template selection page not viewable after uploading custom template
    By mek113 in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28 Apr 2011, 05:16 PM
  5. open_basedir restriction in effect - trying to use tm001 template monster template
    By prantiC in forum Installing on a Linux/Unix Server
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10 Aug 2007, 10:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR