Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Template Fluorspar

Changing core files can be a problem during future upgrades if not meticulously documented. There are so many other options that don't require the modification of a core file.

The first that comes to mind in this instance is the use of a stylesheet to do a display:none where you do not want them to appear. Conversely, when needed again, simply change the stylesheet.

There are specific methods to do this and they are laid out in the CSS_read_me.txt of either the template_default or responsive_classic CSS folder.

Remember that, often what is important for the customer to have, is not considered by the developer/owner. For example, as a customer, I would find it VERY helpful to be able to see other categories I might be interested in shopping for while in the shopping cart.
    Last edited by dbltoe; 3 Dec 2019 at 06:21 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Beautiful! I have just changed home page for "false". Exactly what I needed. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Remember that, often what is important for the customer to have, is not considered by the developer/owner. For example, as a customer, I would find it VERY helpful to be able to see other categories I might be interested in shopping for while in the shopping cart.
    I don't know. In this particular case you have got mega menu drop-down right above you cart or whatever page you are on. The template is good. Isn't it? I personally do not see better choice on a budget around.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Changing core files can be a problem during future upgrades if not meticulously documented. There are so many other options that don't require the modification of a core file.

The first that comes to mind in this instance is the use of a stylesheet to do a display:none where you do not want them to appear. Conversely, when needed again, simply change the stylesheet.

There are specific methods to do this and they are laid out in the CSS_read_me.txt of either the template_default or responsive_classic CSS folder.
    dbltoe your comments are always appreciated however your attitude to 'display:none' seems to be a bit fickle, earlier on in this thread you were decrying it's usage and now you are advocating it. https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ne#post1359475
    Your suggested method of using CSS does require the creation of more CSS files, this has an impact on page rendering (albeit small) and should be avoided.

I do not regard the file 'includes/templates/fluorspar/common/tpl_main_page.php' as a core file as it is part of the Fluorspar template and is therefore an 'override' file.
    Modifying these files is part of the 'override system' and is the esscence of the Zen Cart open source project. It would be impossible to design a new template if you were unable to change these files.
    Zen Cart v1.5.6c file :- includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php
    contains this code :-
    Code:
    // the following IF statement can be duplicated/modified as needed to set additional flags
      if (in_array($current_page_base,explode(",",'list_pages_to_skip_all_right_sideboxes_on_here,separated_by_commas,and_no_spaces')) ) {
        $flag_disable_right = true;
      }
    This must endorse my method as being acceptable and probably better than creating more CSS files.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ingar View Post
    I don't know. In this particular case you have got mega menu drop-down right above you cart or whatever page you are on. The template is good. Isn't it? I personally do not see better choice on a budget around.
    Thanks Ingar, your appreciation is appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

I have a small issue with getting 2 items to show on the product page. One is CrossSell and the other is alsoPurchased. Both of these show when I view page source with the right details/information, but neither show on the actual page. I've been trying to figure this out for days and nothing I do helps, they do/did both work fine on a previous template and work on the default 156c template. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SStreich View Post
    I have a small issue with getting 2 items to show on the product page. One is CrossSell and the other is alsoPurchased. Both of these show when I view page source with the right details/information, but neither show on the actual page. I've been trying to figure this out for days and nothing I do helps, they do/did both work fine on a previous template and work on the default 156c template. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for pointing this out. I have discovered an error in :-

includes/templates/fluorspar/css/stylesheet.css

open the file and delete this rule found near the top :-

.centerBoxWrapper {display:none}

Please note that CrossSell and Fluorspar are plugins that have modified versions of the same file which need to be merged :-

includes/templates/fluorspar/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php

If you have not already done so, use the version from Fluorspar and insert these lines near bottom of file after :- <!--eof Product URL -->

Code:
    <!--bof xsell module -->
    <?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_xsell_products.php', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/' . 'tpl_modules_xsell_products.php'); ?>
    <!--eof xsell module -->
    I am assuming you are using cross_sell_advanced_plus_combo_1.5

Regards Peejay

http://zenofobe.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by peejay View Post
    Thanks for pointing this out. I have discovered an error in :-

includes/templates/fluorspar/css/stylesheet.css

open the file and delete this rule found near the top :-

.centerBoxWrapper {display:none}

Please note that CrossSell and Fluorspar are plugins that have modified versions of the same file which need to be merged :-

includes/templates/fluorspar/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php

If you have not already done so, use the version from Fluorspar and insert these lines near bottom of file after :- <!--eof Product URL -->

Code:
    <!--bof xsell module -->
    <?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_xsell_products.php', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/' . 'tpl_modules_xsell_products.php'); ?>
    <!--eof xsell module -->
    I am assuming you are using cross_sell_advanced_plus_combo_1.5

Regards Peejay

http://zenofobe.com
    Thank you Peejay
    That was the problem. I figured that line was the the issue and had already played with it, but not correctly. Instead of removing the whole line I only removed the "display:none", which of course wasn't the correct way to do it. Works just as expected now.

Plugin Contributions

How do you change the 3 x images on the home page (the women)?
    I replaced them with 3 of my own (named the same and saved the same file type), placed in the same spots and still nothing is changing.
    Please help.
    Kind Regards
    Casey

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hookedondecals View Post
    How do you change the 3 x images on the home page (the women)?
    I replaced them with 3 of my own (named the same and saved the same file type), placed in the same spots and still nothing is changing.
    Please help.
    Kind Regards
    Casey
    Now that I have re-read your post, maybe the best way to ensure your browser is refreshing the images is to use unique name for yours. Or right click on an image and select 'Open Image in New Tab', then refresh that tab several times until you get the new image. I have often had to do this - in Chrome at least - to get the new image.

Revise the list of images in this File: includes/templates/fluorspar [or your name for it]/common/tpl_nivo_top.php

You will likely want to do it this way if you want to re-define the 'alternate' tags to match your images.

Perhaps at some time in the future, this will be a feature you can configure in the Admin Control Panel. I am just a rookie at coding so am unable to personally contribute nice 'fixes' to Zen Cart like many others have been selflessly doing.
    Last edited by Don Wagner; 22 Jun 2020 at 03:22 PM.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast