Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Template Fluorspar

Good Morning! I am getting a warning in my log files for Fluorspar. PHP 7.4.11, ZC 15.7a, IH5.

Code:
    [07-Nov-2020 13:15:25 UTC] Request URI: /WLC_Artistry_Design/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=34, IP address: 168.235.167.202
    #1  header() called at [/home/radianv2/public_html/WLC_Artistry_Design/includes/templates/fluorspar/common/html_header.php:16]
    #2  require(/home/radianv2/public_html/WLC_Artistry_Design/includes/templates/fluorspar/common/html_header.php) called at [/home/radianv2/public_html/WLC_Artistry_Design/index.php:42]
    --> PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/radianv2/public_html/WLC_Artistry_Design/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/fluorspar/extras.php:1) in /home/radianv2/public_html/WLC_Artistry_Design/includes/templates/fluorspar/common/html_header.php on line 16.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    Good Morning! I am getting a warning in my log files for Fluorspar. PHP 7.4.11, ZC 15.7a, IH5.

Code:
    [07-Nov-2020 13:15:25 UTC] Request URI: /WLC_Artistry_Design/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=34, IP address: 168.235.167.202
    #1  header() called at [/home/radianv2/public_html/WLC_Artistry_Design/includes/templates/fluorspar/common/html_header.php:16]
    #2  require(/home/radianv2/public_html/WLC_Artistry_Design/includes/templates/fluorspar/common/html_header.php) called at [/home/radianv2/public_html/WLC_Artistry_Design/index.php:42]
    --> PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/radianv2/public_html/WLC_Artistry_Design/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/fluorspar/extras.php:1) in /home/radianv2/public_html/WLC_Artistry_Design/includes/templates/fluorspar/common/html_header.php on line 16.
    Based on that log, check the file /includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/fluorspar/extras.php.

I'm guessing that the file has a ?> at the end, followed by a blank line. If that's the case, just remove that ?>, leaving the ending blank line.

Related:
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub..._already_sent/
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/misce...ing_close_php/

Plugin Contributions

that's not it. There is a php line with a comment inside it at the end of the file. I went ahead and dropped the ?> but it made no difference.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

No, you're misreading the error message.
    It says the problem is on line 1 of the file.

PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/fluorspar/extras.php:1) ...
    Perhaps your text editor has added a blank line at the top, or has set an invalid BOM (Byte Order Mark).

Might be easiest to just recreate the file. Not by a complete copy-paste of the original, but by recreating its contents.
    You could even start by just deleting the file, although I'm sure it contains definitions that the template depends upon, so you will need to recreate what is needed.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    No, you're misreading the error message.
    It says the problem is on line 1 of the file.

PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/fluorspar/extras.php:1) ...
    Perhaps your text editor has added a blank line at the top, or has set an invalid BOM (Byte Order Mark).

Might be easiest to just recreate the file. Not by a complete copy-paste of the original, but by recreating its contents.
    You could even start by just deleting the file, although I'm sure it contains definitions that the template depends upon, so you will need to recreate what is needed.
    Dr Byte, you comment about "recreating" may be a bit over my head. These are all standard ZC 1.5.7a files with the Flourspar template loaded. PHP 7.4.11. I have not created any of the subject files. Please forgive my ignorance.

To add to this, I have found another blank page issue...I happens at the end of creating an account, logging in or logging out. The actions do go through as I can refresh and the account was created, then I was logged in and back and forth. This sounds like the ?> issue but I am not sure what file it would be in.

Plugin Contributions

the checkout button is going to a blank page as well. I did tweak a few text items in one file. I have restored those files to the original ones and the problems is still there.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

By "recreate the file", I meant: read the original file with your eyes, and type its content (with your hands) into a new file of the same name, created afresh for this purpose. The idea being to attempt to eliminate a problem inside the original file by creating it clean as a new file. A simple text-editor is all one needs to do that.

Blank pages are a result of a server-side error. The details of the error are in the server's logs.
    See https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...ng/blank_page/

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Guys, I am going to start a new thread over in the Linux Installation Forum on my above issues/ I thought this was due to templates and changes. However a fresh install of everything says otherwise as I am still having issues.

Thanks
    Chris

Plugin Contributions

Guys, I am going to start a new thread over in the Linux Installation Forum on my above issues/ I thought this was due to templates and changes. However a fresh install of everything says otherwise as I am still having issues.

Thanks
    Chris
    Well, turns out it WAS A FILE IN THE FLUOSPAR TEMPLATE. I do not know the ins and outs of it but Dr Byte mentioned deleting the offending file that was giving me a PHP warning in the debug logs and I missed that advice. All I saw was "recreate the file." After deleting ...../includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/fluorspar/extras.php file, everything started working again. I cannot explain why.

After deleting it. ALL THE BLANK PAGES ARE GONE as well as the warnings. The contents of that file are four lines are

Code:
    <?php

if (!defined('LARGE_IMAGE_WIDTH')) define('LARGE_IMAGE_WIDTH', '');

if (!defined('LARGE_IMAGE_HEIGHT')) define('LARGE_IMAGE_HEIGHT', '');

if (!defined('MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_STATUS')) define('MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_STATUS', '');

if (!defined('MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COUPON_STATUS')) define('MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COUPON_STATUS', '');]
    These do not REDEFINE anything, they should check for a definition and then move on if the value is defined.

Should extras.php be removed from the template or is my install different in some manner?

Again, ZC 1.5.7a, OPC and Fluorspar on Centos 6 server, cPanel 86.0 (build 31), Apache 2.4.46, PHP 7.4.11, MySQL 10.1.48-MariaDB
    Perl 5.30.0

Thanks
    Chris

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm pretty sure the file was saved incorrectly when it was created.
    Language files need to be saved "Without BOM" ("Byte Order Mark").
    Most text editors operate in "without BOM" mode, but sometimes when non-english-speaking people create files they have BOM mode enabled in their editors, and that sets a special character at the beginning of the file ... which PHP treats as text. Outputting that to the browser is treated as sending page-headers ... and when that happens too early in the execution process you get the symptoms you've been posting about: headers-already-sent-on-line-1.
    Saving the file "without BOM" (or "not With BOM") usually solves the problem. But if you don't know how to change the "save mode", typing out the file's contents by hand into a new file will probably suffice, especially since you're in Texas, even if you do speak 'merican ... at least it's a derivative of English.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast