Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Access Blocker Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    I quite agree it would be risky to attempt to update the .htaccess file as part of storefront processing (because of the danger of having it done simultaneously by multiple threads). But what if the logic was to add these bad IPs to a table, and have a separate process regenerate the .htaccess from a cron job ?
    That's outside of the scope I intended for this module.

Plugin Contributions

Right - this would be done as a separate project.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v1.1.1 of the Access Blocker to the Zen Cart moderators for review; I'll post back here when it's available for download.

This release corrects the generation of PHP notices when one or more of the submitted form-fields is missing; see GitHub issue #8.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I've just submitted v1.1.1 of the Access Blocker to the Zen Cart moderators for review; I'll post back here when it's available for download.

This release corrects the generation of PHP notices when one or more of the submitted form-fields is missing; see GitHub issue #8.
    Now available for download: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2237

Plugin Contributions

I thought I understand what this mod can and cannot do, but it doesn't seem to be working.

So I found a list of 249 2-letter country codes, picked 22 countries where I have, or theoretically could, sell product, and then I compiled a comma-delimited list of the remaining 227 countries. I then put this list (AF,AL,DZ,AS,AD,AO,AI,AQ,AG,AR,AM,AW,AZ,...BY...) in the block by country list. I also put in my API and enabled Access Blocker.

I should also add that previously, as a short-term solution, I had temporarily disabled new account e-mail confirmations, but I still get my copy. I tested this and it is working. Using a real e-mail address, and "Bogus Name," I get my 'shop copy,' but Bogus' email gets nothing. BTW, I also updated the success page so it does say that a confirmation will NOT be coming . . . .

An hour after I set up Access Blocker, I received another new account notification from an IP address based in a blocked country. I confirmed that Belarus (BY) was indeed on my list, but still this 'Belarusian' bot was able to set up a new account.

I'm stumped. Have I missed something?
    Sean M - Sydney, Australia

Plugin Contributions

Do you have the Access Blocker's debug enabled. That will create a month-by-month list of accesses blocked, so you can get a feeling for what's going on.

What version of Access Blocker and what version of Zen Cart?

Plugin Contributions

Do you have the Access Blocker's debug enabled. That will create a month-by-month list of accesses blocked, so you can get a feeling for what's going on.

What version of Access Blocker and what version of Zen Cart?
    I'm on ZC 1.5.3 and Access Blocker 1.1.1. There is no change at all in volume of new accounts - in fact, it is on the rise. We've gone from 2-3 fake accounts per day to 7-8. I can't see that this mod is doing anything at all. One thought I did have was perhaps it lies with the format of the list. Is it supposed to be AA,AB,AC . . . or with spaces, as in AA, AB, AC, . . . my list has no spaces. I'll try that now while I wait for some hopefully great suggestions, ;)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by smcelligott View Post
    I'm on ZC 1.5.3 and Access Blocker 1.1.1. There is no change at all in volume of new accounts - in fact, it is on the rise. We've gone from 2-3 fake accounts per day to 7-8. I can't see that this mod is doing anything at all. One thought I did have was perhaps it lies with the format of the list. Is it supposed to be AA,AB,AC . . . or with spaces, as in AA, AB, AC, . . . my list has no spaces. I'll try that now while I wait for some hopefully great suggestions, ;)
    Access Blocker, as indicated by its readme, supports Zen Cart 1.5.5 and later. That's due to the additional notifications that are now present in the base Zen Cart, which make this a drop-in plugin.

What's happening is that while it's listening for create-account, login and contact-us captcha notifications, they're not being issued.

Plugin Contributions

Argh, that was silly of me. I didn't even look at that. I always resist doing Zen Cart upgrades because the process is so very painful. Each time I complete an upgrade, I vow that I will just migrate to another platform, but then I get on with things, and become complacent until I am faced with the next painful upgrade.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by smcelligott View Post
    Argh, that was silly of me. I didn't even look at that. I always resist doing Zen Cart upgrades because the process is so very painful. Each time I complete an upgrade, I vow that I will just migrate to another platform, but then I get on with things, and become complacent until I am faced with the next painful upgrade.
    Using the info at https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading will have you saying, "No worries."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast