Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Access Blocker Support Thread

This is the support thread for the soon-to-be-published Access Blocker plugin. This drop-in plugin provides some captcha-like blocking of accesses to your store's contact_us, create_account and login pages' processing.

Unlike other captcha-type handling, Access Blocker works behind the scenes to determine whether the IP address, email-address and/or contact-us comments should result in an action (e.g. creating a contact-us message or creating an account) being blocked. The plugin can be configured to use the API provided by https://ipdata.co, which provides additional information associated with an IP address (like its country-of-origin and whether it's been previously reported as a threat).

The plugin has been validated on Zen Cart 1.5.5 and 1.5.6 variants, using the built-in notification points for the possibly-blocked pages. I've been using it on my website for the past couple of months, with a significant drop in spam.

I'll update this thread once I've posted the plugin to the Zen Cart plugins for review.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Access Blocker Support Thread

Once reviewed, here's the plugin's Zen Cart download link: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2237

You can get a sneak peek by downloading from the plugin's GitHub repository: https://github.com/lat9/access_block...ses/tag/v1.0.0

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Once reviewed, here's the plugin's Zen Cart download link: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2237

You can get a sneak peek by downloading from the plugin's GitHub repository: https://github.com/lat9/access_block...ses/tag/v1.0.0
    That was fast (thanks @swguy!); the plugin is now available for download from its Zen Cart download link.

Plugin Contributions

Will this plugin have any effect on site performance. I installed it and obtained a key. I am not sure though how to know if it is working or not. Is there a way to test it to see if it is actually working

Plugin Contributions

I figured it out

As an example I used https://api.ipdata.co?api-key=XXXXXXXXXXXXX taken from the signup email from ipdata.com.

Though I just installed it and click on my example url it has a count of 450 and rising.

Hmm sees a little too fast if that number is correct.

Plugin Contributions

Well i installed the plugin. 10 minutes later I get a spam email. As mentioned before i obtained the key. Does this module really block spam or is just a means gathering ip's.

I am having a hard time understanding how this plugin is supposed to work

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chadlly2003 View Post
    Well i installed the plugin. 10 minutes later I get a spam email. As mentioned before i obtained the key. Does this module really block spam or is just a means gathering ip's.

I am having a hard time understanding how this plugin is supposed to work
    The plugin, using the ipdata.co information returned, will block known 'threats'. There are additional configuration settings where you can also block the access by country-code (as returned by ipdata.co), an ip-address range ... and more.

The approach I use for my installation of the plugin is, when I receive a rogue email, determine whether to totally block the access (via separate edit of the site's .htaccess file) or to simply block the contact-us/create-account/login pages' access by updating the plugin's configuration.

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v1.0.1 of Access Blocker for review and will post back when it's available for download.

This release contains changes associated with the following GitHub issues:

#1: Added missing license.
    #3: Correct log, indicating the IP address that was denied.
    #4: For site performance, only request the ipData information on pages being filtered.
    #5: Modify configuration settings to use a textarea box (allows admins to see what's been previously entered).

Plugin Contributions

v1.0.1 is now available for download.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the plugin.
    Just wondering if there would be a way to block by the Company name field, in account creation?
    Eg. My 1000+ fake accounts all use 'google' as the company name.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast