Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    18
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    help question Create New Account - HTTP ERROR 500

    It says:
    This page isnít working m i l t o n g r e e n s s t a r s .com is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500
    When I clicked the Create Account, it comes out like that.
    I started to notice it last week.
    On http:// m i l t o n g r e e n s s t a r s .com/zencart/index.php?main_page=login, as soon as I click Submit, it leads to that page. Likewise when I tried clicking Create Account from the Menu list.

    What happened and what should I do? I need it to be running properly ASAP.

    ZC Version: 1.5.6a (recreated from an older version from scratch again)
    PHP Version: 7.1.26 (Zend: 3.1.0)

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15,171
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: Create New Account - HTTP ERROR 500

    Try checking your logs folder for a mydebug log generated at/around the time of that issue. If not there then see about reviewing the server logs to identify what the problem is.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...
    Upgraded to Zen Cart V1.5.3 from V1.5.1 from V1.5.0 from V1.3.9h

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    18
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Create New Account - HTTP ERROR 500

    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Try checking your logs folder for a mydebug log generated at/around the time of that issue. If not there then see about reviewing the server logs to identify what the problem is.
    Sorry, how do I check the logs folder and reviewing the server logs?
    Thanks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15,171
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: Create New Account - HTTP ERROR 500

    Quote Originally Posted by stef27 View Post
    Sorry, how do I check the logs folder and reviewing the server logs?
    Thanks
    Logs folder: ftp into the root of your site. There should be a folder called logs.
    Server logs: may require assistance from your host to be able to find, review, or get the desired information.

    Fyi, I just went directly to the login screen and did not have an error. I also didn't have anything in my cart.

    On your reinstallation, did you use a clean fileset or did you use an auto-installer?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...
    Upgraded to Zen Cart V1.5.3 from V1.5.1 from V1.5.0 from V1.3.9h

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    18
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Create New Account - HTTP ERROR 500

    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Logs folder: ftp into the root of your site. There should be a folder called logs.
    Server logs: may require assistance from your host to be able to find, review, or get the desired information.

    Fyi, I just went directly to the login screen and did not have an error. I also didn't have anything in my cart.

    On your reinstallation, did you use a clean fileset or did you use an auto-installer?
    You can click on the login page but it leads back to HTTP 500 after filling out the form and clicking Submit. If you click Create Account under Information, it'll lead you to the HTTP 500.

    Also, I used an auto-installer.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    18
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Create New Account - HTTP ERROR 500

    It says on one of the myDebug Logs:

    [01-Mar-2019 23:59:03 America/Toronto] Request URI: /zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1381, IP address: ____
    #1 zen_categories_ul_generator->buildBranch() called at [/services17/webpages/util/m/i/m i l t o n g r e e n.site.a p l u s.net/public/zencart/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php:85]
    #2 zen_categories_ul_generator->buildTree() called at [/services17/webpages/util/m/i/m i l t o n g r e e n.site.a p l u s.net/public/zencart/includes/templates/newport_eco/common/tpl_mega_menu.php:42]
    #3 require(/services17/webpages/util/m/i/m i l t o n g r e e n.site.a p l u s.net/public/zencart/includes/templates/newport_eco/common/tpl_mega_menu.php) called at [/services17/webpages/util/m/i/m i l t o n g r e e n.site.a p l u s.net/public/zencart/includes/templates/newport_eco/common/tpl_header.php:141]
    #4 require(/services17/webpages/util/m/i/m i l t o n g r e e n.site.a p l u s.net/public/zencart/includes/templates/newport_eco/common/tpl_header.php) called at [/services17/webpages/util/m/i/m i l t o n g r e e n.site.a p l u s.net/public/zencart/includes/templates/newport_eco/common/tpl_main_page.php:73]
    #5 require(/services17/webpages/util/m/i/m i l t o n g r e e n.site.a p l u s.net/public/zencart/includes/templates/newport_eco/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/services17/webpages/util/m/i/m i l t o n g r e e n.site.a p l u s.net/public/zencart/index.php:97]
    --> PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /services17/webpages/util/m/i/m i l t o n g r e e n.site.a p l u s.net/public/zencart/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php on line 58.


    I don't know what to do after that

    Thank you

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15,171
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: Create New Account - HTTP ERROR 500

    Quote Originally Posted by stef27 View Post
    You can click on the login page but it leads back to HTTP 500 after filling out the form and clicking Submit. If you click Create Account under Information, it'll lead you to the HTTP 500.

    Also, I used an auto-installer.
    There may be something associated with that which might have led to this problem.

    Saw the 500 error, still would suggest checking the logs directory. The fix may be simple for now, but would suggest using the files that are available from the main page of this website...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...
    Upgraded to Zen Cart V1.5.3 from V1.5.1 from V1.5.0 from V1.3.9h

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15,171
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: Create New Account - HTTP ERROR 500

    Quote Originally Posted by stef27 View Post
    It says on one of the myDebug Logs:

    [01-Mar-2019 23:59:03 America/Toronto] Request URI: /zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1381, IP address: ____
    #1 zen_categories_ul_generator->buildBranch() called at [/services17/webpages/util/m/i/m i l t o n g r e e n.site.a p l u s.net/public/zencart/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php:85]
    #2 zen_categories_ul_generator->buildTree() called at [/services17/webpages/util/m/i/m i l t o n g r e e n.site.a p l u s.net/public/zencart/includes/templates/newport_eco/common/tpl_mega_menu.php:42]
    #3 require(/services17/webpages/util/m/i/m i l t o n g r e e n.site.a p l u s.net/public/zencart/includes/templates/newport_eco/common/tpl_mega_menu.php) called at [/services17/webpages/util/m/i/m i l t o n g r e e n.site.a p l u s.net/public/zencart/includes/templates/newport_eco/common/tpl_header.php:141]
    #4 require(/services17/webpages/util/m/i/m i l t o n g r e e n.site.a p l u s.net/public/zencart/includes/templates/newport_eco/common/tpl_header.php) called at [/services17/webpages/util/m/i/m i l t o n g r e e n.site.a p l u s.net/public/zencart/includes/templates/newport_eco/common/tpl_main_page.php:73]
    #5 require(/services17/webpages/util/m/i/m i l t o n g r e e n.site.a p l u s.net/public/zencart/includes/templates/newport_eco/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/services17/webpages/util/m/i/m i l t o n g r e e n.site.a p l u s.net/public/zencart/index.php:97]
    --> PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /services17/webpages/util/m/i/m i l t o n g r e e n.site.a p l u s.net/public/zencart/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php on line 58.


    I don't know what to do after that

    Thank you
    That error log seems to be unrelated to the issue. It is something to be resolved which I've seen discussed in the associated forum thread for the template and in other areas on this site.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...
    Upgraded to Zen Cart V1.5.3 from V1.5.1 from V1.5.0 from V1.3.9h

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    18
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Create New Account - HTTP ERROR 500

    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    That error log seems to be unrelated to the issue. It is something to be resolved which I've seen discussed in the associated forum thread for the template and in other areas on this site.
    Can you share the links to those forum threads by any chance?

    Thanks!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15,171
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: Create New Account - HTTP ERROR 500

    Quote Originally Posted by stef27 View Post
    Can you share the links to those forum threads by any chance?

    Thanks!
    Ok, I was wrong about the solution being in the template's forum thread... I had determined that the template was generated by Anne and was thinking that since it was being applied to a ZC 1.5.6 site that it may have been modified enough to be directly compatible. But, then I chased down the template and see that the thread has been dormant for several years until you posted there what was included in the first post of this thread.

    Anyways, as a result, I did a simple internet search for: "zen_categories_ul_generator line 58 Zen Cart" and came back with this recommended solution (which should have been present in your install if the file was not modified by the template): https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-numeric-value

    Note that because the template is as old as it is, it may be some of the cause of the issue with the 500 error as well. Suggest attempting to change to one of the classic templates and try again to see if the problem persists. If it goes away then it is definitely a template related issue. If it remains, then it is possible that one of the template's files modified normal operation.

    In either of those two cases, understanding what is different about the necessary files and why the differences exist determines what next is necessary to be done.

    Most will suggest using a more modern responsive template, but regardless, need to be sure you can accept new customers.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...
    Upgraded to Zen Cart V1.5.3 from V1.5.1 from V1.5.0 from V1.3.9h

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Error 500 when creating a new account
    By OldToot in forum Managing Customers and Orders
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15 Oct 2011, 07:04 PM
  2. Create Account PHP 500 error
    By karimm in forum General Questions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 30 Sep 2010, 06:48 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23 Sep 2010, 09:55 PM
  4. Create User account - Getting 500 Error
    By zpyder in forum Managing Customers and Orders
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 29 May 2009, 06:16 PM
  5. HTTP 500 Error on Create An Account
    By Clue5377 in forum Managing Customers and Orders
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18 Aug 2008, 02:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR