Plugin Contributions

Default Maintenance Mode no worky (and Paypal question)

Am about to switch my site over to 156a, have set it all up in a new folder, copied database across, upgraded it, all looks correct in terms of products etc and am about to rename it to replace the old shop folder prior to doing all that etc; but when i try to put the new shop into maintenance mode I get an error, logs throw up this:

Code:
    --> PHP Fatal error: 1054:Unknown column 'val_function' in 'field list' :: SELECT val_function FROM configuration WHERE configuration_id = '446' ==> (as called by) /home/heresy/public_html/shop156/MYTEMPLATE/configuration.php on line 26 <== in /home/heresy/public_html/shop156/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 171.
    I haven't added any mods to the 156a shop yet but it might be something from the old shop (154) database, perhaps? I had a lot of mods on the old shop...

How can i stop this happening?

Also, on the new shop, in it's differently named temp folder, Paypal payment module doesn't seem to work - i assume it's because the callback IPN that is set up on the Paypal site is not pointing to the temporary new folder (/shop156) but to the current old shop (/shop). I've checked all the API credentials etc on the new shop and it's all accurate other than that.

old shop: www.heresyminiatures.com/shop/ (tableau2 theme, getting rid of it for 156a responsive classic)
    new shop www.heresyminiatures.com/shop156/

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Maintenance Mode no worky (and Paypal question)

In fact, it seems to happen when i try to change any of the admin options, I just tried to change, for example, the HTML Field option and got the error message:

"WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields."

Plugin Contributions

Error log throws up this:
    Code:
    [07-Mar-2019 12:48:57 Europe/London] Request URI: /shop156/MY_ADMIN/configuration.php?gID=1&cID=28&action=save, IP address: 92.12.94.38
    #1  trigger_error() called at [/home/heresy/public_html/shop156/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:171]
    #2  queryFactory->show_error() called at [/home/heresy/public_html/shop156/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:143]
    #3  queryFactory->set_error() called at [/home/heresy/public_html/shop156/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:270]
    #4  queryFactory->Execute() called at [/home/heresy/public_html/shop156/MY_ADMIN/configuration.php:26]
    --> PHP Fatal error: 1054:Unknown column 'val_function' in 'field list' :: SELECT val_function FROM configuration WHERE configuration_id = '28' ==> (as called by) /home/heresy/public_html/shop156/MY_ADMIN/configuration.php on line 26 <== in /home/heresy/public_html/shop156/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 171.
    Is it a problem in the configuration.php file?

Plugin Contributions

AHA! Switched php to 7.2 and it starts working fine. Shame the old shop can't work on it...

Plugin Contributions

The issue has primarily been pointed as being related to information in the database that is being upgraded. Specifically date fields.

Best way at moment to address is to use the zc_install folder provided at: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/tree/v156

This could be used now and for when doing the upgrade of the live database. I say this because it is expected that if you run zc_install now again on what is thought to be the upgraded database that the process would identify again that the database is to be upgraded.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

thanks for the reply!
    Yes, each time i upgraded the database with zc_install it kept repeating the 1.5.5 to 1.5.6 process but not fixing the issue. changing php version to 7.2 from 5.6 seems to have fixed things, though. Unless it hasn't and I've just not noticed.

Shop is now live, aparently I need to add the order total mod back in as it is throwing up errors for my users about OT_[x] not being found...

Plugin Contributions

Would recommend doing the zc_install again as there are some actions/updates that would not have completed if the issue is/was related to the date fields not having the correct information in them.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...