Plugin Contributions

Default Modern template for 1.5.6a ???

Hello,

I had zencart 1.5.4 running since january 2015 without any problem. Not 1 hickup !
    Since my provider forced php 7.1 to 7.3 on me I had to install zencart 1.5.6a.

My old template (modified version of exodus) does not work with 1.5.6a anymore as it had before:
    No main categories anymore on main page, no footer on main page, short product description is OK but long one causes a blank screen with only the picture...
    Here it was with 1.5.4 (in maintenance mode because not compatible with php 7.x))
    mppolska.pl/site
    Here it is with 1.5.6a, with testing a few orher templates it's now completely messed up:
    mppolska.pl/b2b

My layout expert can't figure out what is going wrong. He modified the exodus template with css only.

So, I tried a few 1.5.5 templates. Like Winchester, it has the same problem. After a week no reply from Picaflor-azul yet. I have asked what compatible template from them I could buy.
    The Fluorspar template puts all info on the screen so it seems but it will scare all visitors away.

So here my question, is there a template fully compatible with 1.5.6a please?
    Because of the extended category structure, I need a quick menu (look at top mppolska.pl/site -> it's brilliant).
    Also hoovering over the shopping cart gave all details, also very nice to have.

1.5.6a seems to work but if I can't get the template to work I am forced to go for other software.
    So I hope this can be fixed.

Thanks,

Bob

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Modern template for 1.5.6a ???

While I don't necessarily have the answer of what template is fully compatible with 1.5.6a, I do have a few ideas/suggestions about how you can get your existing template to likely work with it. Should understand that the files applicable to the selected template if installed and designed properly sit in a sub-folder associated to the template's name. As a result, they override the default version of that file.

There have been changes to the underlying processing that may not align fully with those template files. If you (or your website developer) were to update your template's files to more closely match those of the default (or as required the responsive_classic equivalent) then the problems may be resolved.

Beyond that, anytime you have a blank or partial blank screen, a mydebug file should be expected in the logs folder. Tackle those and the problems should be able to be resolved. For further information see: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    While I don't necessarily have the answer of what template is fully compatible with 1.5.6a, I do have a few ideas/suggestions about how you can get your existing template to likely work with it. Should understand that the files applicable to the selected template if installed and designed properly sit in a sub-folder associated to the template's name. As a result, they override the default version of that file.

There have been changes to the underlying processing that may not align fully with those template files. If you (or your website developer) were to update your template's files to more closely match those of the default (or as required the responsive_classic equivalent) then the problems may be resolved.

Beyond that, anytime you have a blank or partial blank screen, a mydebug file should be expected in the logs folder. Tackle those and the problems should be able to be resolved. For further information see: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page
    Thank you for your quick reply and suggestions!

The problem for us is that files of a template are all over the place, not only in a template folder.
    We don't have the skills to figure out where all the info on the screen is comming from.
    If I take the winchester resposive template as an example, files are located under includes under folders auto_loaders, classes, extra_datafiles, functions, init_includes, languages and template folder, the same under admin folder. This is not for normal people anymore. A template is not just a set of files in the template folder.

Since I skipped 1.5.5 releases (why change a perfectly good running shop with 1.5.4), I am completely lost now.
    I wonder how other people fix this problem.

Next to that, I used apsona shop manager to update my products. They removed the platform so I can't connect anymore.
    I also have shopmanager that worked fine on 1.5.4 but it does not connect to the (new?) database: "this is not a zencart/oscommerce database".
    Thank you php 7 :-) The old shop would have worked forever.

To be safe, we started testing prestashop. If we can't find experts to fix zencart templates, we are out of a B2B system.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bobvandervalk View Post
    Thank you for your quick reply and suggestions!

The problem for us is that files of a template are all over the place, not only in a template folder.
    We don't have the skills to figure out where all the info on the screen is comming from.
    If I take the winchester resposive template as an example, files are located under includes under folders auto_loaders, classes, extra_datafiles, functions, init_includes, languages and template folder, the same under admin folder. This is not for normal people anymore. A template is not just a set of files in the template folder.

Since I skipped 1.5.5 releases (why change a perfectly good running shop with 1.5.4), I am completely lost now.
    I wonder how other people fix this problem.

Next to that, I used apsona shop manager to update my products. They removed the platform so I can't connect anymore.
    I also have shopmanager that worked fine on 1.5.4 but it does not connect to the (new?) database: "this is not a zencart/oscommerce database".
    Thank you php 7 :-) The old shop would have worked forever.

To be safe, we started testing prestashop. If we can't find experts to fix zencart templates, we are out of a B2B system.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2232

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2191

Are 2 that come to mind, though we never made it far enough along through the update process to even think about using zc156 on our live site.

Seemed as though around every corner when testing, there were new problems that cropped up when using our imported 154 database. I abandoned trying to resolve the issues with 156 because none of the suggestions made any difference. Seems as though there are quite a few things that were not broken but were deemed to need a fix and the fix broke existing functionality. I am seriously thinking about biting the bullet and just going to zc155 instead.

I have read some responses that only suggest hiring a coder to fix things that should work out of the box. That's a guaranteed future headache. I haven't seen any links to functioning 156 sites that were upgraded from previous live sites by only using the publicly available distribution file but I'm sure someone has one.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

If we can't find experts to fix zencart templates, we are out of a B2B system.
    I do upgrades all the time. You're welcome to contact me.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

So here my question, is there a template fully compatible with 1.5.6a please?

1.5.6a seems to work but if I can't get the template to work I am forced to go for other software.
    So I hope this can be fixed.

If we can't find experts to fix zencart templates, we are out of a B2B system.
    The Responsive Zen Cart 1.5.6a template works just grate! Plus there some new ones out..

I'm still using Responsive Sheffield Blue 1.1 template on a ZC1.5.6a site! All the mods I use had to get upgraded to meet the latest PHP and same with some I didn't start.. Just normal work to maintain security on any shopping cart web site..

There are allot of experts here, just a matter of which one you want to hire if you prefer not to learn how to code!
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

v1.5.6a PHP 7.0.3

FYI I am getting NO response from peejay who uploaded the FLUORSPAR template. Plus it does not work.
    I found the source of this template at www zenofobe com but when I tried to download it my McAfee blocked and deleted the download warning that it contained a virus. So buyer beware! I also left a message at that site and as of yet have had no reply.
    I have been trying some of the responsive templates. The ZC Responsive 156a works. Just got to work on it a bit..

Bless.... Kamel

P.S. I will be donating $100.02... $100.00 for the 1.5.6a template and $0.02 for my rant...
    Love is my religion...