Plugin Contributions

Default Changing font color in product title

So we've got some old frames that are being discontinued, and I am uploading the new ones we are making to replace them (the manufacturer is discontinuing the particular wood that we use, so not OUR decision). We want to have some sort of "catch" so that customers know that this is the replacement we are offering, and aside from simply putting "new" in front of the product name, I was wanting to make "new" both red and bold. I've tried using both php and html font coding, and I can get the size to adjust properly, but it isn't doing anything for the color. I do know that I am typing the codes correctly, as I've done this in the item description section before, and it has worked perfectly fine. What, if anything, am I doing wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing font color in product title

If you are changing an existing property that is shared in another .css file it may have !important causing all other possible colour changes to be overwritten by the !important one.

or

The location of the new changes you are making need to be in the hard code (preferred) or in the soft language file code - matching to the appropriate .css stylesheet or mobile stylesheet.

An example of your site would help clarify what needs to be changed...
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

This is what I am referring to. It's only on a few products, and it's only on a single word in the title. I know it SHOULD read "<font color="red">NEW</font>", but every-time I put the equal sign in, then the entire code line shows up, without actually changing the color. as I said, it works perfectly fine in the description box.

Attachment 18367
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

It's best to put HTML in the HTML/PHP files NOT the database titles. These inputs tend to have hard coded filters to remove or prevent code where text should be.

Simple page filter...
    You can add an if statement that tracks product ID values in the product display and product listing or any other location you'd like as a simple fix. This would need a CSS rule to be red and bold if you like.

or

Twitch Mark as New...
    You could add ^ or build your own 'Mark as New' module. This would put a little checkbox on the product page in admin to display anything you want related to the switch being checked. This too would run off CSS rules to function flawlessly through desktop/responsive/mobile templates.
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

That actually makes a lot of sense. The Mark as New module sounds like the better direction for me, as I don't know the first thing about CSS. Is there a link for that? I looked under both the plugins section, and directly on google, and haven't found anything.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Lordzoabar View Post
    That actually makes a lot of sense. The Mark as New module sounds like the better direction for me, as I don't know the first thing about CSS. Is there a link for that? I looked under both the plugins section, and directly on google, and haven't found anything.
    It's one of my unreleased Twitch modules. You're welcome to PM or email me directly and we can get it setup for your needs.
    Twitch.