Plugin Contributions

Default gettign a Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() ERROR

my web host upgraded something over the weekend and now we are getting this error

--> Call to undefined function: mysql_connect(). Please install the MySQL Connector for PHP <--

they looked into it and told us

Looking at the error "Call to undefined function: mysql_connect(). Please install the MySQL Connector for PHP" the issue is due to outdated coding on your site. Recently the server was upgraded to EasyApache 4 which removed the deprecated PHP 5.4 version. mysql_connect() was replaced with mysqli_connect(). What you will want to do is update your coding to mysqli_connect(). If you need any assistance with this we would recommend that you reach out to the site developer.

what do i need to do ?

thanks
    We sell ATV, Dirtbike, Streetbike, Snowmobile, Watercraft & Custom stickers & Banners. Check us out www.AD-DiscountPerformance.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: gettign a Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() ERROR

Either find a more tolerant web-host that will allow your store to continue to run on PHP 5.4.x or upgrade your Zen Cart -- the mysqli_* function usage was introduced in Zen Cart 1.5.3 (or perhaps the never-released 1.5.2).

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: gettign a Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() ERROR

I agree you should upgrade, most web hosting providers are starting to disable php5, php 7.4 is the current and all the ones below it have hit end of life. Most hosting company still have previous versions enabled and you can use them.

If your hosting providers has MultiPHP Manager you maybe able to change your php version around.