Plugin Contributions

Default Sorting Products in Admin, not populating site in the same order....

Hi. I have sorted my items under a catalog/item heading by price/model, but it does not populate in the online catalog in the same order. What am I not doing correctly?

Linda-new to Zen Cart

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sorting Products in Admin, not populating site in the same order....

Can you elaborate a little more about how you accomplished your sorting? It wasn't by just clicking the heading of the associated list was it?

What is your setting for sort order in configuration->product listing?

Also for what area(s) of the site are you wanting the product to appear in the sort order?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sorting Products in Admin, not populating site in the same order....

Hi. Thank you for your response. In the category/product section in admin, I sorted the items in the folder by price, product. But, when I go to the online catalog (website), it does not populate as in the admin section. I tried going to tools, and store manager, pressing the update price sorter, but that didn't work either.

Linda

Plugin Contributions

The admin sorting function is not for the front end. You have a couple of choices:

1. Set the sort order of each product to display how you wish
    2. hack the front end sorting function to display by price, which isn't ideal as products with no base price will display first always.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Linda, I use this great tool - this plugin lets you change the sorting to exactly how you want it on your pages, when you add new products in the admin you can do so in any order then simply drag and drop to the desired order - lets you change the "window dressing" look of your site to suit or to make your pages appear different to return users, etc. etc. - easy to install (no core overrides) and simple to use.

"Product Sorter is a very useful Marketing Tool designed for every Zenner. A simple drag & drop function lets you re-arrange the sort order of products in your store, giving you total control over the order that customers see your products."
    https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2072

cheers, Mike
    Last edited by shags38; 2 Apr 2019 at 01:21 AM.