Plugin Contributions

Default Remove Customers From Global Product Notifications

I have a customer who asked to be removed from all newsletters/product notifications after a recent email. However when I checked myphp he wasn't actually signed up to receive notifications on that product. I assume at some point he ticked the box for Global Product Notifications. I checked his account and he is not subscribed to my newsletter.
    I checked that the notification system was working correctly - I looked in myphp for how many customers were signed up for a particular product and compared to the number stated when preparing a product notification email. There was a discrepancy - 2 customers signed up but 44 notification emails would be sent. I added a test account and signed up for notifications and both myphp tally and the emails increased by 1, so that would appear to be working.
    I can't find any way to cancel/remove Global Product Notifications subscriptions. Am I missing something obvious?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove Customers From Global Product Notifications

Hmmm ... ya, there's no "admin" option for forcing a change to Global Notifications for a customer.

But if the customer logs into the store they can manage all those settings themself from in the My Account screens.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove Customers From Global Product Notifications

Thanks for the reply.
    How do we comply with the removal request as stated at the bottom of all newsletter emails then?
    This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to xxx@xxxxx
    This e-mail is sent in accordance with the US CAN-SPAM Law in effect 01/01/2004. Removal requests can be sent to this address and will be honored and respected.
    Is there not an entry in the database that can be edited/deleted? Where is the notification system getting the info to send Global Notifications from?